Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,844 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Well, My Chemical Romance is definetly my favorite band rite now and I can't get enough of them. Their disc "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" has everything an avid rocker could want. "Helena" starts off the CD and after that the CD just doesn't stop to impress. Notable songs definetly have to be "To The End," "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison," I'm Not Okay," "Ghost Of You," "Cemetary Drive" and "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living." They have "Helena" and "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" that are so easy to rock out to, and they can slow it down with "Ghost Of You" and "Interlude." As far as guitars go, Ray Toro and Frank Iero don't fail to deliver. Whether it be mind blowing solos, or just the hard rock riffs that wanna make you rock out. Mikey ways bass is fairly simple but just makes the guitars and bob bryars drumming seem all that more insane. Bryar puts it all out there in every song, and this album blow all others out of the water.

Gerard Ways lyrics are fast paced and emotion-driven so that when he screams it isn't just sensless noise, but meaningful emotion. He has so much talent and can sing about anything from being ripped away from someone you love (Ghost Of You) or a dedication to a late family member (Helena). His flow with the band is great wether it be in soft ballad-like singing to hardcore screaming. His lyrics can be a bit dark but he sings about whats out there so you know it's not candy coated.

This is by far 1 of the best discs out there. I can't say it enough about how great it is to have a band as original as they are in todays music. If I ever lost this CD I'd buy it again in a second. So if you want a band that will pour it out and never get old, buy this disc.