Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,843 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

the sound of this record is certainly original but they have used ideas used by many bands. An example of this is the opening to ghost of you, which for me, sounds like their tring to rip off wake me when. The song does sound good though although I wish I could say the same for the rest of the record.

First and formost the lead singer, Gerard Way, has once of the worst voices in modern rock. If you listen in places you can hear his vice go out of tune. This is very pronounced in their hit I'm Not Ok, although this should win and award for most true title. The lyrics aren't as bad though. They are very good in Helena but they try to hard to make them sound impressive to much.

Well by now you can realise that tis isnt going to be nice. I know that MCR have a massive amount of fans who won't hear a word against them. I expect that this article will get a lot of stick but I don't care. The only thing I care about is that how this album can get a better rating then American Idiot, which is strange to say the least. The opening to Helena is good, so is To The End, which is the best song on the album and Ghost Of you is good in parts bt the rest is average drissle.