Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,844 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

I found this album hard to get into, but once you start to like the songs one by one you get hooked on it like drugs. The music is great with awesome guitar riffs and drums. The bass is "ok" as my bassist cousin says. Ray and Frank make perfect verses, solos, chorus, and everything! Matt is always making the song great, because in each song he attacks with all he's got. Gerard has a great voice! Mikey looks good in his glasses! what more do you need?

I thought the lyrics were very interesting. Most of the lyrics tell a story. This album was supposed to be about this couple getting shot up in a gunfight and the guy goes to hell, but the girl is alive and the devil tells him that she's dead and if he wants his girl back he has to kill 1,000 dudes. So the devil gives him a gun and the dude goes and starts killing, but dies and fails at the end... something like that. I thought that Gerard's voice is the best and very different. He screams less in this album than in the last which I thought was good but I do like the ladies, I mean screaming.

The only album you can compare this to is to itself! My favorite songs in the album are all of them! But the most impressive songs to me were "Give 'Em Hell Kid," "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison," "I'm Not Okay," "Thank You For The Venom" and "Cemetery Drive." I heart Ray and Franks guitar riffs that begin hardcore and blend into an emo style into a punk chorus with a metal solo! I hate that I love this album so much that I always forget to feed my dog, oh wait I don't have a dog! If this CD was lost or stolen by my aunt then I'd by two more, one for listening and the other for hitting my aunt, who stole my other one, with.