Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,843 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

The music on this CD is one of a kind. The guitar playing is unique and solid. This CD was made to "save peoples lives" as said by the vocalist Gerard Way. Its about being unique, and struggles in life. There's a lot of post-hardcore, rock, and punk sounds in this album. This CD doesnt sound like any other made, its very different and catchy. It tells a story about 2 lovers, and their struggle to be together. A big two thumbs up.

The lyrics are amazing, and different. Not like any other band just putting out songs, talking about nothing at all. These words actually mean something to these guys. It deals with with all of their struggles, problems, high points and low points of their lives. The lyrics, and the music fit together wonderfully. You can notice that this took a lot of time, and effort.

This album does not even come close to other albums put out by other artists. The single of the CD is "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" which is a excellent song. It's about the band members struggles in High School. It talks about being your own self, and not following others trends. The second single is "Helena", which is written about the lead singer, Gerard Way's Grandmother. She inspired him to sing and was his biggest fan before she passed away. It's very emotional. I love how much talent this album has in it, and how well written it is. I do not hate anything about this CD. If somebody stole this CD from me, I'd track them down and gut them. Or just ask for it back. I'd definately buy this CD again.

PhantomWuss95
    you can tell the people that gave it the lowest scores never actually listened to it, they ONLY TALKED ABOUT THE SINGLES dumbasses