Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,843 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Sooo. My Chemical Romance. Their music sounds like hardcore-emo stuff & I like it! The leadsinger, Gerard Way, he looks a little like his friend, Bert from The Used. When they perform they act actually the same, with all the jumping and all. Someone told me about the band, so I started downloading some songs. It sounded really good, so I bought the album.

The lyrics are very emotional, and poetical. I like them a lot. Especially in the song Cemetery Drive, that's a very catchy song. Gerard sings in a very histirical way, and I love it. Then there are the 2 singles, Helena & I'm Not Okay. They're still good. What I really like, is the transition on Interlude. It's really relaxed and then boom! The powerful intro of Thank You For The Venom. 01. Helena - the single. I really like it. it's about his granny dying. It's hard to understand with part of the lyrics, but when you really think about it, it makes perfect sense. He knows he can't be with her because she'd passed away so there's nothing more he CD do then say 'so long and goodnight'. 02. Give 'em Hell Kid - a really nice bass-intro and the vocals are in this uhm, not usually sound yknow. That sounds cool. 03. To The End - song about a man. I think something about a marriage. It a nice song. 04. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison - the end is funny, Gerard's screaming like a girl. It made me laugh. It starts a little soft and then the heavy guitar jumps in again. 05. I'm Not Okay - another single. A real sing-along-one. It's still a good song. 06. The Ghost Of You - another single. It's about war, the people who don't survive it, the soldiers' wives waiting at home "You're never coming home, never coming home". I think it's like that, because of the video. Anyway it's a very powerful song. 07. The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You - I think this song is defenitly about addiction and suicide with constant talks of "Holding On" and "The Last Night" and "When the CD come". Again a real MCR-song. 08. Interlude - almost no lyrics 'Falling angels...' It's 1 minute or something, and then... 09. Thank You For The Venom - I love the intro. Meanings, it's about those people that CD to your house&try to convert you to a religion. He keeps calling her sister like she'd a nun. "I wouldn't front the scene if you made me" fronting that he cares and is understanding and telling her that she'd running after something they'll never kill, evil or convert everyone to christianity. "Black is the kiss the touch of the serpants son it's not the mark or the scar that makes you one" saying to the nun that the way he looks has nothing to do with him being evil and the obvious part "Give me a reason to believe" and the book she gave him: a bible. Boom. 10. Hang 'em High - very histirical, hardcore song. 11. It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A F--kin' Deathwish - really good intro, nice guitar. A bit like the Jetset Life. 12. Cemetery Drive - My fav. song. Great lyrics. It's less hardcore-emo. It's just emo. 13. I Never Told You What I Do For A Living - very emo song. All the gun's a shots in the head. It's a great song to end the album with. Last lyrics; 'They gave us 2 shots in the back of the head, & we're all. Dead. Now.' That's the end.

I still think the band's a little bit like The Used. But they're really great. Gerard sings in a very histirical way, and I love it. I love the sound, it's great when you're in a hyperactive, emo-mood. I like all the songs on it. If the album would be stolen, I'd buy it again. It's a really good one. So it's worth the money.

thechem.romance
    person up WAYYY at the top lol idk if your reading this Gwar is a band i actually kinda like them like that song slaughteramaok so not the point...this album was wait still is awesome good lyrics good sound to go along with i cant wait till there new album i hopes its insane like the rest of them
    Geek_Aus
    he he...Gerard Way reminds me of Billy Corgan. I'm going to be buying this album when i can, cos i've heard Ghost of you, and i like it, so yeah.