Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,844 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

There are many things great about the sound of "Three For Cheers For Sweet Revenge" one thing that struck me was how different it can be. Rangeing from quiet, loud, fast, slow. there is seriously nothing that Gerard can't do. The overal story might be a bit morbid, but at least it has something to do with something, rather than the album being about randam things like other albums. I read somewhere that MCR are very influenced by older bands, however this album is nothing like any other album that I have ever had. the best songs would have tio be "You Know What They Do To Gus Like Us On Prison" which cracked me up, "I Never Told You What I Did For A Living", which was the main song that featured my "quiet, loud" theory.

The lyrics are maybe a little bit too deathy. If you know what I mean. But that is the story of the album. Some pieces of lyrics are just absolutly brilliant (of course). Gerard Way definitly delivers the lyrics well. Not many other singers would be able to, but Gerard does it perfectly well. "I keep a gun in the book you gave me/ hallaluyah lock and load" is one of my fav examples of lyrics, amonst many. It is very, very difficult to pin point the great lyrics because all of the album if full of great lyrics.

"Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" is nothing like any other albums that I have ever owned! I think the best songs on the album are Helena, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison, I Never Told You What I Did For A Living and To The End. There seriously is not one song on their that I would change. I could not put them in order of which I liked best, because there wouldn't be one at the bottom of the list. What I love about the album is that it is so different. It is what makes my chemical romance special. If it was stolen. Oh my god, I would probably cry. Then not eat for a month, so I could save up to buy it again. Brilliant album!

Amuro Jay
    the funny thing is is that reviews are meant to be written by fans, or critics, not haters. but there are some people who just dont have enough of a life to not bash something they know nothing about. its a great album