Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,843 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

On Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, My Chemical Romance's sound becomes more signature as well as heavier and rockish. First of all this disk bosts the huge mainstream hits "Helena", "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)", "Ghost Of You", and "Give 'Em Hell, Kid". Lead Guitarist Ray Toro and Frank Iero both bring something different to the band. Ray, raised on classic rock, brings in Queen type stuff and cool solos. Frank, raised on punk, brings in the simple punk rock type riffs. Usually, the intro and verse are Franks and the chorus and solo sound like something from Ray. Their playing goes really well with Gerard's vocals, Mikey's bass playing and Bob's drums. My favorite tracks are "Thank You For the Venom", "I'm Not Okay", and "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison". They all have real cool solos. Their sound is amazing.

Gerard's lyrics are mainly based around death and depression. Most tracks feature a reference to suicide, killing, or some sort of death. Way says that all this morbid imagery comes form being catholic, saying he was always afraid of church. No matter the reason, they're depressing.

My Chemical Romance. Their amazing. This CD is so amazing and unexpected. It combines my favorite musical styles, punk and rock, so that I can enjoy both at once, without even skipping tracks. I love this CD, even though some of the words are depressing. If I lost this CD, I would buy it again, or maybe two, so I have a spair. Seriously, this disk is amazing. For any punk or rock fan, this is a must have, as well as a must have for any fan of mainstream hits, since half of these tracks were. Go get it now if you don't have it.

wild_flowerzz
    I think this album is amazing lyrics music n all...I have to get'in brought you my bullets, you brought me your love'!!