Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Users' score: 2.5 (1,844 votes)
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

The album has a wonderful sound, and after listening to The Black Parade, it completly changed what of MCR I liked. It is a far more agressive, and punk sound, and the kind of energy put in is just so much more invigourating. The guitars have catchy riffs and solos, I love playing them all the time. The story to it, is about a man and a woman. I can't remember to much, but there are a lot of violent and bloody themes. It is also the second part of a storyline, the first part narrated in MCR's first album. My favourite song is 'You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us Is In Prison. It starts of with a simple clean guitar riff, then the ssecond comes in with a catchy riff. The chorus is heavy, hard and energetic. The second verse has the same format as the first, but the vocals are much more 'insane'. The solo is wonderful, with a wah or phaser effect. I love the screaming at the end. An innovative way to end a song compared to holding a note.

The lyrics are rather good, and with violent themes suit the violent music. Gerard has a wonderful voice, and has much improved since the first album. The way he sings, with lots of screams and crys works well live, and can get a crowd worked up. Gerard writes good lyrics as well, and this album has my favourite themes, when playing these songs I just wish I could sing them that well myself.

It isn't near being a rock classic, but they pulled off an album that I respect much, and musically is they're most 'rock' album. I love that the songs are full of energy, and sound much better live than all they're others. There is nothing I don't like about it, and were it stolen I would buy it again, even though I could burn it onto a CD. Overall, my favourite album ever, but I know it won't be for everyone, but for me I love it!

ChemyVamp
    pretty much all of the 5-1 reviews were written by some of the most immature ****s i've ever known