Histamin Review

4.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Histamin Reviewed by: Mrod, on march 05, 2012

Sound: My Midnight Creeps, a Norwegian band fronted by the late guitar virtuose Robert Buraas also known from the band Madrugada and Alex Kloster-Jensen from Ricochets 2nd release entitled "Histamin" is the topic of this review. My Midnight Creeps is from my interpretation a blues inspired rock band with elements from Jazz and the Rockabilly scene. A interesting combination which mostly sounds great but in a few songs and/or parts might be a bit chaotic, like it or not. It's a great mixture of styles brought forward by guitars, drums, percussion, saxophone and occasionally harmonica. // 8

Lyrics: Robert Buraas at least in Norway most famous for his guitar in the band Madrugada, takes on both the role as guitarist and singer in this band. He was one cool guy, a bit of a Hyde kind of guy from "that 70's show", of course I did not know him personally but he gave me that kind of vibe. I always feel a bit sceptic when Guitarists release side projects where they also suddenly sing, I have to say with this record beeing sceptic was a waste. Robert definitely has a good, maybe even great voice for music like this. He is no tenor, but definitely has a lot of soul, which also comes out in his lyrics. There is definitely alot of soul and honesty in this record, and alot of fun aswell in certain songs. // 8

Overall Impression: The record consists of 11 songs, and it is one of those albums I play all the way through except from that I personally usually skip track number 1, as a bit messy for my head. But then the gold comes, the 2nd track "Shot By The Blues" is possibly the strongest track on the record and is a really kick-a-s song, from there on its just a lot off great music, the "ballad" "Don't let it bring you down" is a beautiful song and so is "Love Is Gone" when talking about calmer songs. "Violet" and "Made Of Stone" is also great rocking tunes. All in all this is definitely a album worth checking out if you like cool rock. // 9

Comments