Circuital Review

9.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Circuital Reviewed by: Chickendirt, on october 25, 2011

Sound: The overall sound of this album is a mix of what they've done on previous albums. You get songs like "Victory Dance" and "Holdin On To Black Metal" which has a "Evil Urges" feel about them, but then there's tracks like "Wonderful (The Way I Feel)" which sounds like early MMJ. It makes the album something for everyone. // 9

Lyrics: Can anybody match Jim James's vocals? He is one of the best singers of the 21st century and the way he sings on this album proves this fact to be true. His falsettos are amazing and the way he sings each song with passion gives off a lot of vibe. The lyrics are also something else. They're hard to decipher at times but each song gives off the same feeling as the lyrics. The album opener "Victory Dance" tells the story about Jim James's laser eye surgery which happened before the album was recorded. The song "Outta My System" tells the story of a man looking back at his reckless youth and being happy that he did it back then and got it out of his system. A lot of the lyrics are personal to Jim's life and connects well with the audience. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is like MMJ have decided to group all their albums together and merge it into an epic. The sound is amazing, the feeling is amazing, the singing is incredible and the flow towards each song is brilliant. This album is a must to have in your musical collection. If I lost it, I would I would by a new one. If it was stolen, I would kill the bastard which took this masterpiece away from me. // 10

Comments