To Create A Cure Review

7.3
 6.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
To Create A Cure Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 14, 2012

Sound: My first impression of "To Create A Cure" was the aggression in the first track "A New Breed". From there, I could tell I'd made a good choice in purchasing this album. Every song is distinct, which is hard to find among this genre anymore. Almost every song has a point in it that really does stand out. The effect on Sean's vocals in "A Thief Of One, A Thief Of Many" making him sound like a public speaker is one of these moments. The sound is an Attack Attack-ish scream, but with more range, The guitars have a baritone sound to them, and aren't to muddy, and the drums are a bit more creative than most. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics on "To Create A Cure" are creative for a debut album, and for an album by such young individuals. There are no traces of the "I hate everyone here", "I'm misunderstood" or teenage angst. The lyrics are really creative compared to most bands in the genre. As for the singers abilities, Nick can hit lows, mids, and highs for screams. Sean really came through for cleans. His vocals are high pitched but not to an irritating point. Sean shows his skills in "The Dream Code" and Nick kills it in "Beyond". // 7

Overall Impression: I can't think of any other band with an album like this. I'd say "Atlas", "Beyond", "Awake_Create" and "Dark Days" really show 4 different styles of the band. "Atlas" shows MTH can be heavy, but with the balanced screams and cleans that keeps the song interesting. "Beyond" shows how calm the music can be, and how aggressive Nicks screams can be. "Awake_Create" shows the creativity in lyrics that MTH has. "Dark Days" shows just how dark and mean they can sound. "Dark Days" is the heaviest song on the album. The only thing I didn't like about this album is the lack of creativity in the guitar work. I still love the album. If it were stolen, I'd find whoever stole it and kick their teeth in. // 9

Comments