Unbreakable review by MyChildren MyBride

• Released: Feb 26, 2008
MyChildren MyBride: Unbreakable

Well, it's metalcore. Nothing new here. There's plenty of brutal breakdowns to go around. The guitars in this album aren't very technical but they are still heavy and aren't very repetitive and the melodic riffs are well executed and sound great. The drums are always pushing the song and are very upbeat. Although MCMB don't really innovate in any way, the music is very well executed and it's still enjoyable. So if you're in the mood for another heavy pummeling metalcore with brutal breakdowns, hardcore grooves and metal riffs, this is right up your alley. If you're looking for.

Mychildren Mybride is a Christian band so this album is full of Christian lyrics along with some hardcore style self empowerment lyrics. The song "Headshot" however departs fropm the theme and is all about Halo 3 and it's a pretty entertaining song. Overall the lyrics are nothing new but they're well put together and can be enjoyed by anyone not just christians, the themes are universal.

"Unbreakable" is a lot like all the other christian metalcore albums out there. Although lacking in originality the music is still entertaining to listen to. The guitarist don't shred but they are still pretty good and know how to put together brutal song after brutal song. But I still wish the guitar would get a little more technical. I have no regrets about buying this album as it's a solid debut for Mychildren Mybride. Maybe next time they'll get a little more technical but for now this album will suffice and be in heavy rotation on my iPod along with Dead To Fall's "Are You Serious?"

SealCubMassacre
    BORING! Sorry dude but the review is pretty bad. I mean "The guitars in this album aren't very technical but they are still heavy and aren't very repetitive and the melodic riffs are well executed and sound great". It sounds like something my little sister would write. Chill out with the conjunctions.
    xDeadReckoningx
    The review may not have been the best, but the reviewer was, at least in part, right. It's a solid metalcore album, but it really isn't anything we haven't heard before. That's just my opinion though; I'm stacking this against metalcore albums that I thought were great (An Ocean Between Us by As I Lay Dying, The Fall of Ideals by All That Remains, and As Daylight Dies by Killswitch Engage.) You guys may disagree with me, but I think those albums are shining examples of really great metalcore. Compared to those, this is just a so-so album.
    Timo9500
    archangelseren wrote: christian gay christian gay never a good mix when christians make music esprcially metalcore
    So you also dislike oh, sleeper,, august burns red, Tdwp, etc. b/c theyre christian? Thats pretty ignorant.
    J-rich777
    matt03803 wrote: dude. christian bands all suck. relly. the lyrics are pathetic.
    No you're the one thats pathetic because you obviously have nothing to live for like these guys do. They're making money by writing their music inspired by they're beliefs... honestly, that sounds like thats the life right there, definitely not pathetic... So you really need a reality check.
    jake071709
    This album is great and your shutting it out cause theyre christian???? go read the lyrics and then judge. You probably dont know a thing about music though so actually it wont matter.
    Anvil pants
    i played a show with these guys i didn't like them but for what they do they are just like every other metalcore band out there. the only impressive thing was that the guitar player was nice.
    killadroid
    "Esprcially"? Get out.
    Ef Motown Ef
    I dont realy think it matters if they are christian or not they still rock. The album wasnt great but it was pretty good.
    BreAkdOwn396
    lol, there not a christian band, they just are all christians.The machinist, circle the sky, and choke are not very chirstian baseed. Headshot is not about halo 3, its about halo 2. and the vocal styles are pretty different from every other band. the lead isnt as whinny or high pitched as most. and over all, you can clearly understand what is being said. the songs blend together after a while, but so do every other bands. there sound is really different, and prettty good
    crankybot
    Christian Dethcore rocks. I don't see ya'll dragging down Demon HUnter or Oh, Sleeper.
    IMcrazy369
    This album is really sick. Yeah they're Christian, who gives a ****? They may be minorities in the metal world, belief wise, but they're doing what they love for the god they love and I love the music.
    Vices7861
    Decent album...sounds like a Christian version of Stick To Your Gun's Comes From The Heart...
    !normajean!
    amazing band. amazing album. i really dont see why some people dont like them just because they're Christian. their music is great. its stupid to hate a band just because they believe that they have a purpose. way to be closed minded guys. i love this band. i'm also a Christian. so i love the lyrics.
    xMikeyxMetalx
    "The guitars in this album aren't very technical but they are still heavy and aren't very repetitive and the melodic riffs are well executed and sound great." haa that was terrible, thanks for pointing it out sealclub
    xMikeyxMetalx
    haha i just looked over this and i apologize i posted before i even finished on accident so this wasnt very complete or well put together. but i agree, i don't believe in the lyrics of anti-christian bands but i respect them and appreciate their opinions and music all the same
    imnotjohn45
    Animosityy wrote: Get your heads out of the ground. So what if there christian? judge them on there music which is amazing if I say so myself. They have a purpose to be doing what they do and must be doing it well to get signed to solid state. So go back to listening to your black sabbath and give new music a chance for once.
    preach my friend. its about the music not the bands religion or personal beliefs!
    Animosityy
    ibanezonfire16
    matt03803 wrote: its a Christian band. the lyrics must suck so bad. who the hell listens to this stuff
    Honestly... the ignorance of some people... double posting noob.
    matt03803
    XXjayXX
    this is a pretty bad ass band, not all christian bands are horrible. i mean look In The Midst Of Lions, or UnderOath, and NormaJean, Impending Doom. the review could have gone better.