Regressus review by Mystic Prophecy

• Released: Jul 1, 2003
Mystic Prophecy: Regressus

The guitar on this album is killer. Gus G., the lead guitar player, is a killer soloist, and the rhythm guitarist (I can't remember his name right now) keeps that rhythm flowing smoothly. For an underground metal band from Germany, the sound quality of this album is awesome. The band sounds like a new Iron Maiden of today!

The lyrics are pretty good, I don't really pay much attention to them but all I know is that the lead singer has a killer voice. His voice is amazing and he can hold some notes. He sounds like a Zakk Wylde/Bruce Dickinson/Ripper Owens Voice, cause he has a deeper but not so deep voice, and its not a death/black/thrash voice like in new bands such as Children Of Bodom or Shadows Fall. It is like Zakk Wylde/Bruce Dickinson/Ripper Owens Voice like I said.

Like I said before, I compare these guys to Iron Maiden because of their sweet guitar riffs, killer vocals and music all together. The best songs o nthis album are "Calling From," "Mystic Prophecy," "The Land Of The Dead" and they even cover the old Iron Maiden song "Sanctuary." The guitar work is amazing and these guys aren't even that popular. The solos are just amazing and rhythm guitar is sweet and heavy liek old traditional metal. I would definetly buy this album again, but no one would be able to steal it from me because the metal gods protect me from evil people that hate metal.