The Code Is Red... Long Live The Code review by Napalm Death

• Released: Apr 19, 2005
Napalm Death: The Code Is Red... Long Live The Code

What is there to say about Napalm Death? They are a heavy and in-your-face style of metal and this CD is no exception. While the songs on this CD are mostly short (52 seconds being the shortest song, whith lyrics too) there is no reason to frown apoun "The Code Is Red... Long Live The Code." The guitar and the drums are the instruments that stand out on this album. The drums are relentles and don't let up throughout most of the CD. The guitars are heavily distorted but does not give off a "power chord bashing" sound. What I mean by that is that they play so many power chords so lound with so much distortaion you can't hear what's going on. The guitar in this CD is heavy, but is able to be a little medolic also. If your into bands like this, there is no problem with the sound.

I had troubles understanding what the vocals said in this songs, I actualy had to look most of them up. When I did look up the lyrics, I was a little shocked to find very little language and very few crude topics. By the band name, you would figure that this band would write lyrics about death and pain and what not, but they don't. You can tell that the lyrics have thought behind them and could possibly be dirived from past experiences. The singer mostly has a yelling type vocalization throughout the CD but sometimes there is added in background screams, like in "The Great And The Good." I will tell you now that I was not really big on this kind of vocals but I will also say, they grew on me and I have come to like it.

I took a risk buying this CD. A friend of mine told me that they were good so I picked up the CD and they were a lot heavier than I expected. Don'tget me wrong, I still like it and I would buy another one of their CDs. This is one of the heaviest CDs I own, along with "Burn The Priest." This is Napalm Death's newest CD and I have never heard any of their older stuff so I can't tell you if this is better or worse. My personal favorite songs on the CD are "Instruments of Persuation", "All Hail The Grey Dawn", and "Climate Controllers." I would recomend this CD to anyone who is looking for something heavy or to any Napalm Death fan.

smb
    If you don't have it, go out and get the Napalm Death album "Scum". It will kick your ass.
    greenhell1
    Yeah, nothing quite like Scum eh. Enemy Of The Music Business is my favourite though.
    TheDecline
    wingedgopher
    TheDecline wrote: Heheh The background vocals on The great and the good are made by none other. . . JELLO Biafra!
    and that instantly ups the album an infinite amount. anything that guy touches turns to gold.
    Rize
    finally a good review on a good band. I'm going to see them live in december. it's gonna kick ass.
    Oblivious16037
    That's not the version of the CD I wrote about, mine only has like 14 tracks or around there, not 34. It also has a different cover. Still, good CD.
    Gas Mask
    They actually have a new CD out called Smear Campaign, I have yet to pick it up but knowing Napalm Death, I assume it will kick some serious ass.
    joerock92
    I FUCKING LOVE "SILENCE IS DEAFENING" watch the live video if you can find it
    Peres.T.Peanut
    THIS is some ****in music! their new album Time waits for no slave is going to blow some ****ing minds >.