Onset Of Purification review by Necrophagist

• Released: Nov 25, 2003
Necrophagist: Onset Of Purification

This technical brutal death metal band from Germany has unique sounding in their riffs. Most death metal I know bands play really brutal crunchy and intense riffing which I like. But Necrophagist has orginality of most Death Metal bands. The riffs are fast diminished and the solos include very intense shredding solos of alternate/speed picking, legato licks, deminished lick, sweep picking or arpeggios, and two hand tapping. Necrophagist first plays a sick riff then jumps into a very sick lick which makes it sound very interesting.

Necrophagist is like Yngwie Malmsteen in death metal style because some of the riffs in the songs reminds of Yngwie Malmsteen and I'm assumming that Necrophagist followed him. If you like Death Metal, this is the album that everyone should get. I would never ever lose this album because album is so good that you can't get enough.

wimm83
    muhammad suicmez=best upcoming guitarist. god damn wrote onset of PUTREFACTION when he was 18, talent indeed. seen them on their headlinign tour while back, one of the greatest shows ever. cant wait for another cd
    metalhead296
    i think its not that this guy cant type, hes most likely foreign, because his wordings sound as if he was someone from another country who learned english, so to him that makes perfect sense, but to us its just jibberish, so dont blame him.
    Justin Credible
    bassmonkey16 wrote: your review ****ing sucks. d you know what your talking about? no, you dont. man. i hate you. ive herad about his band before, adn thought id actually check a review to see what theyre all about. Who needs a ****ign review it's Necophagist. Go otu and buy a CD you cant regret it. someone please write a much better review than this. i wanna know about this band so i can see if its worth buying one of their cds. not read a review from some retard who just figured out how to type.
    cpt_pimp
    i just think he doesn't own the album, maybe that's why the review has nothing to do with the album. but geez cut the man some slack. i don't own the album, but i have a lot of their songs. lyricwise i have no ****ing clue what they're tlaking about, i'm not a big fan of death metal growls, but the man sure can shred. and i didn't know he recorded pretty much all the instruments. i find that more informative than the review
    bassmonkey16
    your review ****ing sucks. d you know what your talking about? no, you dont. man. i hate you. ive herad about his band before, adn thought id actually check a review to see what theyre all about. someone please write a much better review than this. i wanna know about this band so i can see if its worth buying one of their cds. not read a review from some retard who just figured out how to type.
    Mr.Loomis_shred
    this review should be deleted...it is absolutely awful. Reviewer....please die Necrophagist are ****ing awesome
    nirvana4lf
    man that muhammed suicmez hes ****ing amazing. he recorded all the guitars and bass and programmed the drumming, but then it got remastered, twice. still amazing shit. but the other album, epitaph, is better song-writing wise, but not as crazy shredding (imo)
    Nevermore_Pwns
    I F'In love necrophagist i saw them live maybe 4 days ago, with cannibal corpse, dying fetus, and unmerciful we hung out with mohhamed after his set, my big bro knows him, we talked for like an hour
    Spankey
    Nevermore_Pwns : I F'In love necrophagist i saw them live maybe 4 days ago, with cannibal corpse, dying fetus, and unmerciful
    I saw them a few weeks ago also, I was mainly going to see cannibal corpse, and I knew Fetus was great and I heard some great stuff about Necro, and they were ****ing amazing. Unmerciful was pretty good too.
    Wa-shout
    Ahaha. Necrophagist is an amazing band, but this review is awful.
    Guitarislife125
    Great CD, HORRIBLE review. "very intense shredding solos of alternate/speed picking, legato licks, deminished lick, sweep picking or arpeggios, and two hand tapping." Like, WTF?
    Savage Animal
    Badass cd. I also saw these guys live with Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, and Unmerciful. Just as good live as on the cd. Their guitarists are seriously talented, and i got to talk to their bassist before the show (he was sellin their tshirts). nice guys, great music
    DaddyTwoFoot
    Good job getting the album title wrong. It's "Putrefaction," not, "Putrification." Great album, awful review.
    J.A.M
    Sorry, I can't believe it could be that brilliant. IMO, no band should ever be given ten in every aspect. To me you just sound like a crazed fanboy. I mean;
    Lyrics: The lyrics are good and it's very interesting to look at, and Muhammad Suicmez is sick, because He can do a very low death growl, and he do it when he is shredding. I mean how talented is that, that's like wicked hard to do and he can do it without breaking a sweat and it's even more interesting to watch him live and stuff. // 10
    We aren't bothered what the lyrics LOOK like. And we aren't interested about how he can do this stuff live. This is the album review.
    TheNthDimension
    Isn't the album called "Onset of Putrefaction"? No offence, but knowing what you're talking about helps.