Rust Never Sleeps review by Neil Young

• Released: Jun 22, 1979
Neil Young: Rust Never Sleeps

Rust Never Sleeps brilliantly showcases the best of Neil Young - the acoustic folk singer-songwriter and the electric Young playing some frenetic rock and roll with his beloved Crazy Horse. In the midst of ever changing musical fads and trends and with punk in full swing, Neil Young delivers this great album in 1979 which was lauded by Rolling Stone Magazine as the album of the year.

It is no secret that Neil Young is a great songwriter. Rust Never Sleeps features some of his best written songs like "Pochahantas" "Powderfinger" "Hey Hey, My My" "Thrasher" and many more. Lyrics range from emotive, thought provoking, surreal, visual and extraterrestrial in the case of "Ride My Llama". His unique acoustic style accentuates these great songs on the acoustic section of the album then Crazy Horse proceed to crash and bash with some odd yet brilliant hard rocking tunes like "Sedan Delivery" and "Welfare Mothers".

Rust Never Sleeps is definately in the Top 20 all time best rock and roll albums ever recorded. One of Neil's very best albums that captures all that is great about his music lyrically, musically and vocally. I love each and every song on this. Very little to hate, if anything. I'd ensure that this record takes pride of place in my collection and do not hesitate in recommending it to anyone. If they steal it, hey, they will at least enjoy the music.

bmanlp92
    neil is a god seriously he is never mentioned with the best guitarists but he really is-younger people like myself really need to look at this guy hes still churning out albums that are brilliant-one of rocks living legends
    maninthebox24
    Yeah, I'm surprised that this hasn't been reviewed until now, too. If I knew, I might have down it myself. Neil's best, imo, and that's saying a lot.
    ObsceneGestures
    ahmedkhalil
    This album never stops to amaze me every time I listen to, no matter what others might think, for me Neil's guitar playing is simply wonderful, I love every track on this album specially my my hey hey & Powder Finger
    IRONxPANTERA
    ObsceneGestures wrote: It is really sad. This is an incredible album, I agree that it's one of Neil's best. This album should get much more recognition..
    Could not be said any better. I do not get how this album is not well known...
    dhalstead@pacif
    Rust Never Sleeps is a true classic, along with the video Live Rust. Neil Young is simply superb. His guitar playing and whimsical vocals are unique. He is Mr Cool - an amazing man. One of those acts where 5 stars just ain't enough!
    GoldSoundzUKNZ
    i love this album (and live rust) so much, definitely one of his best. i wish they would release the movie of it on dvd, and time fades away as well (another one where he played a gig consisting of new material). everyone should see him live as well!