Rust Never Sleeps [DVD] review by Neil Young

• Released: Sep 24, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 6
Neil Young: Rust Never Sleeps [DVD]

Well the film was shot in 1979. So the sound is as good as it oculd get back then. But I think it sounds great, especially to see Neil playing live made it all the better. It's pretty much a lot like the CD "Live Rust" except features a couple more songs. You get to hear the announcments about the "bad acid" going around and hear Neil's comments to the audience. Overall it's pretty cool.

Content — 10
It features the following songs: 01. Introduction: Star Spangled Banner/A Day In the Life (Underscore) 02. Sugar Mountain 03. I am a Child 04. Comes A Time 05. After The Gold Rush 06. Thrasher 07. My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue) 08. Stage Announcements 09. When You Dance I Can Really Love 10. The Loner 11. Welfare Mothers 12. The Needle and the Damage Done 13. Lotta Love 14. Sedan Delivery 15. Powderfinger 16. Cortez The Killer 17. Cinnamon Girl 18. Like A Hurricane 19. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) 20. End Credits: School Days (Underscore) 21. Tonight's The Night It's great to see Neil sing his acoustic ballads and his hard rock songs all in one. You see him play his '57 Les Paul, his Martin acoustics, and his 12 string. Also he plays the grand piano for "After The Goldrush." You also see all the stage crew and the "Road Eyes" running around the stage setting everything up.

Production Quality — 6
Not many tricks or anything, it's pretty much just a straight shot. It fades a couple of times and has a few different camera views, but nothing really that makes you go wow or even anything close.

I personally loved it just because I'm a huge Neil Young advocate. It's pretty much the same recordings and songs you hear on all his CD's but if you've never seen him live before then you should pick this up, its pretty cool.

J3bus
    I havent seen this but it looks great, Thrasher is one of his best songs, in my mind.
    hairwaytosteven
    cortez is really heavy on it,he does an amazing my my hey hey. this is one of the best dvds to listen to with a few friends and get drunk....and stoned 10/10