Tonight review by Neomantix

• Released: Apr 25, 2012
Neomantix: Tonight

A young band of dazzling potential, the two tracks on offer here leave us gasping for more music. A very 80's Pat Benatar esque sound is on show, with "Riot In November" also nodding more towards Green Day "Warning" in both production and composition. Though the progressions on show are not overtly complex, they are powerful and emotive, with some terrific guitar solos on show.

My first thoughts were "what a fantastic voice". And 20 plays later, I haven't waivered from this opinion! A very Cyndi Lauper esque tone is held by frontwoman Amy Star, with great poise and artistry to every phrase. She sounds provocative and sexy on "Tonight", especially in conjunction with the very suggestive music video (www.tonightvideo.co.uk for those who wish to have a look). In addition "Riot In November" harks back to old school punk with its "ois" and imager.

A fantastic two track offering from a very promising musical group. Of particular praise is Star's effortless vocal, which is very raw and memorable. This release has created hype within me, and I can't wait for more music from this exciting new band. Definitely a tip for the future in my opinion.