How To Meet Girls review by Nerf Herder

• Released: Mar 7, 2000
Nerf Herder: How To Meet Girls

I bought this album at my local record store. I had not heard any song off of it when I bought it and I had only heard one Nerf Herder song prior to that. The one song I had heard had such an impression on me that I laid down the $20. I was very impressed when I got in the car and popped it in. The sound was kind of like the early years of Chixdiggit. It's more melodic punk than I'm used to (it sounds like it could be on MTV) but it is kind of different all the same. They use a folk style guitar in the bridge of the final track "Pervert." It's like Wristband Punk Stripped down and reinvented while not going poseur.

Lyrically the closest thing to it is definately the Vandals. The lyrics are flippin' hilarious. The subjects go from perverted video game nerds, to Courtney Love, to starting a new wave band. There's nothing really Earth Shattering, but it is good to add to any punk rock record collection for comic relief if nothing else.

It stands up to other comedic punk bands very well. It's a great choice for any Vandals, Chixdiggit, Guttermouth fans. The greatest songs are probably Vivian and Pervert. The best thing about this album is the happy feeling it gives you, and it's great for anytime. There is no bad qualities really except that some of the songs sound simmilar.