Money Money 2020 Review

NetWork: Money Money 2020
Release Date: Sep 30, 2003
Label: Adeline
Genres: Punk Revival, New Wave, Indie Electronic
Outrageous and off-the-wall, the Network challenges the musical status quo with Money Money 2020.
 9.3
 8.7
 9.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Money Money 2020 Reviewed by: tai1221, on june 28, 2007

Sound: The sound is pretty good in my opinion, this record I think depends on people's taste, and their own unique thoughts. It is a new wave/alternative record. This album is a side project for the band Green day, with the three main members in the band, that also include Jason White, who is their touring guitarist, and one member from the band Devo. It is very electronic, with keyboard synthesizers. It is very different from Green Day, and the only way you could really tell is Billie Joe's vocals in some songs, but not all. Some of the songs were very funny. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics range from many diverse subjects, such as the bilemia of supermodels in the song "Hungry Hungry", to masturbation in the song "Right Hand O-Rama". The lyrics flow nicely, very well written, even if they have no real point. The songs were written by the three members of Green day, and I'll remind you, it is very different from Green day's style. Another lyric subjects are technology, or science fiction, and war in Iraq might be the subject in the song "Money Money 2020". The singer is either Billie Joe, or the guy from Devo, both do a good job, especially Billie Joe. The music definently supports the lyrics, they flow nicely. // 8

Overall Impression: The album does sound kind of like older Green day, especially songs like "Right Hand O-Rama". This also sounds a lot like Devo, for those of you who don't know, they have the song "Whip It". I recommend that people listen to this, it's a short album, but they are new, this album is about 4 years old, but it hasn't had much exposure, so I would like to hope that I helped everyone's musical taste change a little bit. If it were stolen, I would definently buy it again, because the more I listen, the more I like it. I recommend everyone give it time to grow on you, it's pretty good. // 10

Comments