This Godless Endeavor review by Nevermore

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Nevermore: This Godless Endeavor

Now who said that you have to scream your lyrics to kick ass. Who ever that was never listened to Nevermore. Nevermore straddles the line between power metal, traditional heavy metal, and the contemporary hard rock scene, eschewing the silly theatrics of the "power scene" in favor of a darker tone, while reaping the rewards of melody and the high-flying vocal range of singer Warrel Dane. This is one of the best albums I have bought in the past year and it deserves to be rocongized. This is a real dark kind renaissance kind of metal with screaming solo and heart ponding riffs. Warrel Dane really gives the album a chilling and ghostly feel to the album. I also hear a little viking metal being influenced in the solos and chouruses.

The lyrics are outstanding. I can see that every word and line was taken to cosideration before being written on paper. They are meaningful and informative. They protect from such things like politics the media and religion. The Lyrics and the music blend nicely and uniformaly, you can really feel that the music helps the lyrics stand out and vice versa.

Compared to there other albums "This Godless Endeavor" is one more step up the ladder. I love the Bone shrilling solos, and the eerie lyrics that feel like thay hover over you. This album can be great for all metal listeners but if you a fan of a more classic style of metal with a more melodic feel to the lyric this is your band and your CD. Also check out "Final Product," "Future Uncertain," "Born" and instrumental piece "The Holocaust Of Thought." Buy this album, I highly recomend it. If it were stolen or if I lost it I would go buy two more copies, one to listen and one to frame, 'cause this album is that good.