This Godless Endeavor review by Nevermore

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Nevermore: This Godless Endeavor

Nevermore has always been my favorite band to listen to when I want to hear a good solo, or very meaningful lyrics. The bands sound on this CD is pretty much as perfectly blended as you can get. Everything sounds absolutely perfect. Jeff Loomis really really stands out in this CD in my opinion. From his solo in "Born" to the beautiful sweeps in "This Godless Endeadvor". He also throws in some solos I would expect from him like in "Bittersweet Feast". But none the less they are top notch solos. This is one of Jeff Loomis's cleanest and most skillfull record to date.

Lyrics are very deep in this cd. They vary from what the world is coming to, to the thoughts of the existance of God. Warrell Danes vocals are still extremely good, though he can't quite reach those higher notes like he could on previous cds. But his lyrics match the music to set the theme on some songs such as "A Future Uncertain" and "This Godless Endeavor". Warrell Dane did not let down on this album.

My overall impression is that this is the best CD I own. No other CD compares the the depth, skill, and just all-out awesomeness of this CD. I can't really give a most-impressive song because every song is flawless and well thought out. But if I had to pick one I would pick "This Godless Endeavor" because it's epic and just has this tone that starts out soft but then drives into insanity like the man the lyrics talk about. I love everything about this album, nothing is wrong with it, and there's not 1 song that I don't love on this album. I would without doubt buy this CD again if it was stolen or lost. People, if you want good solos to listen to, with a mix of meaningful lyrics and driving riffs, go buy this CD at once. It'll make you a Loomis fan I guarantee.

thrashmonkey
    Wow, nobody's fighting in the comments section, the album must be pretty good! Im gonna check it out for sure.
    TheAmenCorner89
    Josh Laiho
    TheAmenCorner89 wrote: Nevermore and Opeth are my 2 favourite modern bands. They are more creative than just about anyone out there
    Very true.
    MikeShawMe
    This album got me into Nevermore. I think it's definitely their best, although, I've heard the previews of The Obsidian Conspiracy and that stuff sounds ****in awesome!