Catalyst review by New Found Glory

• Released: May 18, 2004
New Found Glory: Catalyst

Where do I begin with the sound? Well, their guitar lines have matured completely from their old stuff by far. The new sounding guitar riffs and tone will blow your mind if you have heard their Sticks And Stones CD at all. Jordan's voice sounds great with the nice guitar sounding chords and melodies along with Cyrus adding in some steady drum beats to make it even better. This is definetly the best sounding New Found Glory CD I have ever heard from their music.

The lyrics have taken, well lets say a great step up from their other lyrics from before. The subject matter is much more than just whining about my old girlfriend or my life like other bands. On this CD they make the lyrics towards different things and not at their selfs which is a big plus. If you do get this CD listen to the song "Who Am I". I love the line in that song, "I'm a crack in the aspault you walk right on everyday." I know that everyone gets annoyed with Jordan's distinct voice but it really isn't that bad, you get used to it. And on this CD it fits in with all the guitaring.

This album Catalyst doesn't really compare to many other bands I have heard. They have used their own material and taken different sound and not the same sound over and over. I would have to say the most impressive songs on this album are, "Truth Of My Youth", "I Don't Wanna Know", "Failure's Not Flattering", and "Who Am I". The thing I love about it is the energetic music which they have not lost at all. There is actually nothing I hate about this CD. And if it were stolen I would easily go out and buy another one and maybe another for a friend. It is worth the money and everyone should by this CD!