Catalyst review by New Found Glory

• Released: May 18, 2004
New Found Glory: Catalyst

The sound is still the same, just better. You can hear they've gone from playing in a garage to playing in an expensive studio. On the other albums you couldn't quite hear the difference between Chad and Steve. Now you can; you can obviously hear the low tunes of Chad on his Les Paul and the light sounds of Steve on his Stratocaster. Chad plays most of the "solos".

No change here, still super easy lyrics about love and relationships, and sometimes about nothing at all really. No News Is Good News is about the current situation: Bush, the Iraq War, you know the drill. The fact that the lyrics are still that easy doesn't bother me: what do you expect from a band like New Found Glory, they just make easy happy music and they're good at it!

I think Catalyst isn't as good as New Found Glory, but it's as good as Sticks And Stones. Take a good listen to This Disaster, I Don't Wanna Know, Failure's Not Flattering, I'd Kill To Fall Asleep: those are my personal favorites. I Don't Wanna Know is (as far as I know) their first ballad, and it's beautiful. Real easy to play on the guitar, too. Listen Catalyst a couple of times and I swear you can sing along all the songs. If you'll like it, that depends. If you didn't like NFG before, you probably don't like Catalyst too. But if you were allready a big fan, then you'll love this!