Catalyst review by New Found Glory

• Released: May 18, 2004
New Found Glory: Catalyst

Whoa dude, the sound totally blew my mind. There was a huge difference from this CD to all of their other ones. The guitar lines were so mature and Cyrus playing his drum lines made it even better. Of course the bass had a few solo lines here and there. I really think that from this sound, New Found Glory has matured from the pop-punk stage into of more of an alternative sound. But other than that, I loved the sound on this album and it was a great improvement.

Awesome lyrics, which I almost like as much as I like the sound. If you have heard New Found Glory's previous albums, you will notice that not every song isn't talking about an old girlfriend or whining type thing. Jordan's voice sounds so crisp with the music along with a great voice. His voice fits so perfect with the guitar lines they use too. My lasting impression with the sound is it is also a giant leap from their old stuff too.

I would say this is New Found Glory's best album yet. Just about every song I liked with slow changing beats to fast rock. But my favorites would have to be This Disaster, Truth Of My Youth, I Don't Wanna Know, No News Is Good News, and Who Am I. But aside from those, all of them rock. I would have to say I would definetly buy another "Catalyst" CD if mine were stolen, no sweat. It is worth the money by far and I think everyone should get themselves a copy. Overall, this CD is great!