Coming Home review by New Found Glory

• Released: Sep 19, 2006
New Found Glory: Coming Home

Well to start off, New Found Glory really changed their sound a lot compared to their previous albums. Instead of sticking with their pop-punk tone they actually advanced to a more mature state of sound. They took their time with this CD, spending over 4 months to record. The styles used in the creation varied from vocal and guitar effects all the way to keyboard riffs and much reverb. The sound quality sounds great on every song which is probably one of the best things about this album. The guitars have a much broader tone now and more mature riffs than ever before. I'd say everything sound-wise on "Coming Home" sounds great.

The lyrics were incredible. Everything meaning something and not just pointless lyrics to a song just to fit in. The vocals fit perfectly with every song on the album and Jordan's voice has grown a lot. He sounds very clean now with hardly any nasal sound at all. He sounds a lot deeper and more true with the lyrics than ever.

If you don't have this album I would greatly advise you to go purchase it and take a listen. I know pretty much anyone could relate to this album and would love to listen to it all. I'd say it's probably one of the best rock/alternative albums out right now. I love everything about this album, it never gets old. Every song is worth listening to. I would definetly go get another copy if mine was stolen or lost. Overall an incredible album recorded by an incredible band.