Coming Home review by New Found Glory

• Released: Sep 19, 2006
New Found Glory: Coming Home

The sound on the Coming Home album has changed a lot from New Found Glory's older albums. The melodic guitar solos and riffs give the album a great mood. Pianos in songs like "Hold My Hand" and "It's Not Your Fault" put the album at a nice positive feeling. Their style has changed from their original pop-punk music to more of a harder All-American Rejects style. Not that that's a bad thing. Yes, their music has matured but they certainly haven't. Don't worry, they're still immature artists.

The lyrics focus more on love, love, and one song about love in death (When I Die). Jordan Pundik's vocals are at their best on this album. Like in the song "Oxygen" his vocal abilities really show. If you don't hate pop-rock love lyrics then I advise you to stay as far away from this album as you can. Overall though I think it is a good album.

This album is great but honestly I think they could have done better. This album is most definetly not their best but it is a big step in the right direction. The most impressive songs from the album have to be "Oxygen", "Hold My Hand", "It's Not Your Fault", "Taken Back By You", "Too Good To Be", "Familiar Landscapes", and "When I Die". What I like about this album are the new melodies and instrumental solos. What I hate about this album is how much they focus on the pianos (that get a bit repetitive) when they need to focus a bit more on the drums and bass. The guitars are just fine though! If I lost this album or it got stolen I would probably buy it again later on.

rdystdygo
    Nice review and I agree wholeheartedly. This would make a great gateway CD for someone just getting into the punk/emo scene. I get it in my ear and I can't stop listening.