Coming Home review by New Found Glory

• Released: Sep 19, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
New Found Glory: Coming Home

In late 2006, New Found Glory returned with their new album coming home. Although this album has been reviewed quite critically by fans because of the slight change in style of music, I believe it to definetely be the best album the band have produced to date. This album not only has a good amount of catchy and well written songs, but the riffs have improved significently, and believe it or not, Jordan Pundik's voice does seem to have improved a little! The riffs are exceptionally good in songs like "On My Mind" and "Hold My Hand." The band have also started experimenting with a more acoustic sound, and some guitar solos which aren't just a mirror of the tune in the song. In a few tracks on the album they have also used a piano, and although this has given many people the impression that their sound has changed dramatically, it really hasn't, and I think that we should compliment this band on not always sticking to the four simple bar chords.

The lyrics remain quite the same in this album as in previous ones before, about friends and girls, girls, girls. However, they seem to be a little more melodic and the choruses in the first five songs are great. The band has been using some "ooh-oohs" and "ba-bas" which may sound childish, but they really workk well. There is also backing vocals doing lovely harmonies in nearly every song. In the album booklet there is also a quote from each song by it, which I think is great. These are simple but cute phrases such as "Check My Pressure" and "You're My Oxygen". I really think that their lyrics have improved quite a bit, however they do follow the same themes.

This album is in my opinion the best, although "Catalyst" and "Sticks And Stones" are the runners up. It has a much more sophisticated feel, as most bands do progress in every way as they write more lyrics and tunes. The most impressive songs from the album are "Oxygen", "Hold My Hand", "It's Not Your Fault", "On My Mind" and "Too Good To Be". One thing I'm not too fond of is the tracks which aren't too good. There seems to be a little of a difference between the good ones and the bad ones, and some simply don't get my attention. But I suppose every album is like that. If it was stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it again because it's on my iTunes! I saw New Found Glory live in early december, and back then I didn't have the album, and didn't know many of the songs. However, they played so well, that I was tempted to buy their album, and did. Their whole image and style of music doesn't seem to have changed, but has certainly improved a great deal. So if you're a fan of New Found Glory of any of the '90s punk pop that was around, do buy this album, I gurantee that you'll like at least five tracks from it.

DOOdooroCK
    As an NFG fan, This cd is great but not 10/10 more like 8 or 9. As many other ppl said before The old NFG albums were better (the albums before Catalyst)
    mattmcavoy400
    Theyre not gonna make another sticks and stones. I really like their new sound. Songs like hold my hand and love and pain i just can't get out of my head.