It's All About The Girls review by New Found Glory

• Released: Dec 20, 1997
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
New Found Glory: It's All About The Girls

This EP was the first release by A New Found Glory way back in 1997. They had only been together a short while at the time, although this version was released in 2000, 3 years after their first show. Released on December 20, 1997, on Fiddler records, "It's All About The Girls" featured 5 tracks that provide a snapshot of where A New Found Glory began. The sound quality is very raw, which may appeal to some, while others, such as fans of their most recent stuff, might find a bit off-putting.

Well, the lyrics are pretty straight forward. Nothing spectacular, but they do a good job of saying what they're meant to say. The vocals aren't up to the same standard as other New Found Glory releases, often Jordan sounds a bit strange. Lyrics are what you typically expect from NFG. Girls, and love, and teenage stuff.

If you are a big fan of New Found Glory, this is essential. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to find it. I imagine that this EP is very hard to come by nowadays, I found it completely by accident. It's decent enough, but it doesn't compare to their later works. If I lost or had this CD stolen, I'd be pissed, but I probably wouldn't buy another copy, unless I stumbled across one cheap.

BenFoffenbock
    I've only heard Shadow and Standstill; the former is awesome, while the latter has its moments. You're right about Jordan not sounding as poished as he does now though. New Found Glory are my favourite band, but even NFG themselves admit that this album sucks. They've kind of disowned it; they don't play these songs live anymore.
    Idiot_Son
    DOOdooroCK wrote: how u find this EP, i luv these guys
    You might be able to buy it from their site www.newfoundglory.com