It's All About The Girls [EP] Review

7.7
 5.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
It's All About The Girls [EP] Reviewed by: Idiot_Son, on august 22, 2007

Sound: This EP was the first release by A New Found Glory way back in 1997. They had only been together a short while at the time, although this version was released in 2000, 3 years after their first show. Released on December 20, 1997, on Fiddler records, "It's All About The Girls" featured 5 tracks that provide a snapshot of where A New Found Glory began. The sound quality is very raw, which may appeal to some, while others, such as fans of their most recent stuff, might find a bit off-putting. // 4

Lyrics: Well, the lyrics are pretty straight forward. Nothing spectacular, but they do a good job of saying what they're meant to say. The vocals aren't up to the same standard as other New Found Glory releases, often Jordan sounds a bit strange. Lyrics are what you typically expect from NFG. Girls, and love, and teenage stuff. // 5

Overall Impression: If you are a big fan of New Found Glory, this is essential. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to find it. I imagine that this EP is very hard to come by nowadays, I found it completely by accident. It's decent enough, but it doesn't compare to their later works. If I lost or had this CD stolen, I'd be pissed, but I probably wouldn't buy another copy, unless I stumbled across one cheap. // 7

Comments