It's All About The Girls [EP] Review

artist: New Found Glory date: 08/22/2007 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

New Found Glory: It's All About The Girls [EP]
Release Date: Jun 1997
Label: Fiddler
Genres: Emo, Punk-Pop
 7.7
 5.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
It's All About The Girls [EP] Reviewed by: Idiot_Son, on august 22, 2007

Sound: This EP was the first release by A New Found Glory way back in 1997. They had only been together a short while at the time, although this version was released in 2000, 3 years after their first show. Released on December 20, 1997, on Fiddler records, "It's All About The Girls" featured 5 tracks that provide a snapshot of where A New Found Glory began. The sound quality is very raw, which may appeal to some, while others, such as fans of their most recent stuff, might find a bit off-putting. // 4

Lyrics: Well, the lyrics are pretty straight forward. Nothing spectacular, but they do a good job of saying what they're meant to say. The vocals aren't up to the same standard as other New Found Glory releases, often Jordan sounds a bit strange. Lyrics are what you typically expect from NFG. Girls, and love, and teenage stuff. // 5

Overall Impression: If you are a big fan of New Found Glory, this is essential. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to find it. I imagine that this EP is very hard to come by nowadays, I found it completely by accident. It's decent enough, but it doesn't compare to their later works. If I lost or had this CD stolen, I'd be pissed, but I probably wouldn't buy another copy, unless I stumbled across one cheap. // 7

More New Found Glory reviews rating latest review