Sticks And Stones review by New Found Glory

• Released: Jun 11, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
New Found Glory: Sticks And Stones

New Found Glory's sound is the essense of energy. The band definately has charisma, and that shows in the energy of their songs. The slowest song on this album, Sonny, is still pretty fast and pop-punky. The only real downside of having all these fast songs is that it's often hard to tell some songs apart.

The lyrics on "Sticks And Stones" are extremely generic, and all the songs basically tell the same breakup story over and over again. The only exceptions are "Sonny," which is actually quite good lyrically and deals with the death of a loved one, and "Belated," which is still a breakup song but this time the breakup is caused by a forgotten birthday. Jordan's voice is not too annoying on this CD, and for the most part it goes pretty well with the lyrics.

Don't get me wrong I love New Found Glory. However, they could have done much better than this CD. Up until Catalyst, almost all of NFG's songs sounded almost exactly alike. This CD is not nearly is good as Catalyse, but it is slightly better than their self-titled CD. My favorite tracks are "Understatement" "My Friends Over You" and "Never Give Up." If it were lost, I'd still have their self-titled CD, and they sound so similar I'd never miss it.

Zell182
    nfg are pretty good but nothing much stands out on this CD except 'something I call personality' which is one of my favourite songs of any band I listen to.
    awisinger
    This album is a great album as a stepping stone of seeing the band from their early stages, this and their self titled album, to their prime, Catalyst. This is a winner when it comes to a NFG CD.