Sticks And Stones review by New Found Glory

• Released: Jun 11, 2002
New Found Glory: Sticks And Stones

I have been listening to New Found Glory for about one year now, just songs and never albums. My first song I have ever heard by them was "My Friends Over You" which is off of their third studio album in 2002, Sticks and Stones. That was the song that got my listening to them. This weekend I went to the library to pickup a copy and I was blown away. Every song starting from Understatement was extraordinary. Being listened to on a Bose stereo system, the bass was very good and full. Guitars sound very cocky and big and thick. I was impressed by the vocals by Jordan Pundik, hitting some crazy highs and energetic lines. Overall the band's playability on this album was amazing.

The lyrics are those that everyone can relate to. From calling out someone, "though you swear that you are true, I still pick my friends over you" to "I've never felt so bad in my entire life but this time I did it to myself. What do u expect from me?" this album has a wide diversity of topics. Again, Jordan's vocal talent shows greatly in this album along with the harmonies. It all goes great together. The only this that I did not like was how some of the lines were really cheesy.

This album has a voice of its own. I think that Singled Out and Understatement are the best songs on this album. Both showing incredible speed and talent. I love the whole production of the album and the mix of it. Sounds very big. Nothing I hate other than some lyric lines that sounded cheesy. If it were stolen I'd have to pay the library back (:D). If I did however purchase the album and it got stolen, I would buy it again.