Adoration: The Worship Album review by Newsboys

• Released: Apr 8, 2003
Newsboys: Adoration: The Worship Album

This album is a great mix of worship and pop music. The first track "He Reigns" shows a mix of distorted guitar and clean chords. The band changes the key of the song "You Are My King (Amazing Love)" giving the song a new feel that other bands have failed to capture. Peter Furler does a great job at vocals, mixing his Australian accent to some well know worship songs, while keeping it understandable. "Take My Hands (Praises)" has Jody Davis playing a "Heavy" guitar riff, at least for this album. Though not as heavy on the guitars or vocals as other albums, this is my favorite production that the Newsboys have come out with. Between "In Christ Alone" and "Lord (I Don't Know)" you get the feel that you can worship God in any way, whether in a praise band, or if you are rocking it out with heavy guitar licks.

In the overall, the lyrics were good. Every song had an element of worship, which was the goal in the album. However, some songs such as "Father Blessed Father" seemed as if the band was stretching the words out to long, or that they were mashing 40 words into a 5 second span. "He Reigns", "Great Is Your Faithfulness", "Take My Hands (Praises)", "Lord (I Don't Know)", all have great lyrics that blend well with the music, and are easy to sing along to. "Hallelujah" and "Father Blessed Father" were not so great, needing some more work before release.

This album was great for me. I love being able to rock out to worship songs. To me the best songs in the album were "He Reigns" and "You Are My King (Amazing Love)". There are many songs in the recording that I can and do play in worship for my youth group, and they work great. I would buy this album again in a heartbeat.