Hand Built By Robots review by Newton Faulkner

• Released: Jul 23, 2007
Newton Faulkner: Hand Built By Robots

Although I aren't an avid Acoustic listener, Newton Faulkner has a brilliant sound. Everything sounds very precise and clean, the songs Gone In The Morning, Dream Catch Me and I Need Something really standing out to me. I saw him at Middlesbrough Music Live a while ago and really enjoyed his performance.

Again, Newton's lyrics make you want to join in singing. He touches on subjects from love to loss of self-belief and being who you want to be. Although you hear the occasional reference to say an Anal probe in UFO, or living inside a zoo, he still carries the song with great vocals and a very happy mood. His voices matches the acoustic guitar sound and the beat perfectly, giving a greater impression of the entire album on how well produced this is.

I've heard Jack Johnson before and thought he was good, but Newton has a much better sound and his songs touch upon things that relate to every day life and how certain things make you feel. My favourite song is Gone In The Morning, but as previously said, I enjoyed Dream Catch Me and I Need Something, and To The Light to some extent. I think I would enjoy this album as much now as I will in say ten years.

franksciante
    i like the album alot! although some arrangements don't do his live versions justice e.g. teardrop, dream catch me. despite that its a good pop album.