All the Right Reasons review by Nickelback

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Nickelback: All the Right Reasons

I think this is deffinately their best album. I prefer the more complicated riffs. As a guitarist and a drummer, I love the album as a whole a lot more. The opening song, "Follow You Home" kicks in with a lovely fluent double kick pedal lick which really gets you goin'. Then the sudden start of "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons" (easily the best song overall). And the simple but effective "Photograph." The whole album is just a joy to listen to. Especially with the Bass on full!

The lyrics I find go alot deeper with "If Everyone Cared," "Savin' Me," "Far Away" and "Photograph," and I think it suites the album well. Chad Kroeger's voice fails to dissapoint as usuall. The songs are soft, and maybe you feel he shouldn't be so aggressive. I disagree as I think it's just singing with a passion, and personally I like the songs nice and driven and ready to rock out. I think everything fits nicely. But I don't enjoy songs like "I wanna be that someone that you're with" I just don't really get into them. I find Rockstar funny and don't get me wrong I think it's a great song, but it's not really a song which would've taken much thought!

I think this is there best album yet. I think it's still got it's predictability factor, like you can see the simarlarities to previous songs off different albums but I don't mind the same kind of thing comin' out of my speakers. I think they are finally starting to push well away from the Creed area of sounds and are pushing into the "heavyness" of riffs of bands like Evanescence, (only not the gothic kind of side). A few corny songs here and there but I love there new "improved" sound. I hope they stay in the heavier area. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy the album and a small safe to keep it in. I love it! Great, but a few dissapointin'songs.