All the Right Reasons review by Nickelback

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Nickelback: All the Right Reasons

In this album, Nickelback wanted to show variety in their music. Hence the use of piano in two songs in the album. This was actually the first time that they used the piano. The songs were "Savin' Me" and "If Everyone Cared". Personally I think that "If Everyone Cared" really stood out and was one of the best songs in the entire album. Also, they had some help from legends like: Billy Gibbons and Dimebag Darrell. Billy Gibbons did the solo in "Follow You Home" and was probably the best solo in the album. Except, of course, for the one in "Side Of A Bullet" which was done by the late Dimebag Darrell. Chad wrote that song in the memory of his friend and asked Dime's wife and brother for recorded solos of him. It is probably the hardest song in "All The Right Reasons". Other Songs worth mentioning are "Photograph, Animals and Rockstar".

I have always liked Chad's songwriting. He just thinks of a situation and puts himself in the scene. "A type of narrative lyrics that makes you imagine a little movie in your head" says Chad. The lyrics are a little simple at times though. But it works for the type of songs that they want to make.

Unfortunately this is the only Nickelback cd that I bought. So I can't compare it to their other albums. I'm planning to buy the others though. The best songs would probably be "Photograph, Next Contestant, Animals, Follow You Home, Side Of A Bullet & Rockstar". It is an amazing album and I recommend it to Nickelback fans, and anyone who wants to listen to great music. The only thing that I hated though, was its length. It only had 11 songs and was too short. You can't have too much of a good thing. They should make more songs next time. I wouldn't buy the same cd twice though. Even though it's an amazing album, and everyone should have it. So if it were stolen by som1, I'd buy a baseball bat, break the guy's legs and steal the album back.

Hamer213
    all of the idiots who did the individual song descriptions are morons!They have no clue that Side Of A Bullet was written for Dimebag!!!
    Hamer213
    Dude i saw Nickelback in Kansas last February and it was Fuckin' INSANE!!!
    turbopunk2000
    NIckelback is really boring. I listened to this one and the only good song is "animals". Everything else sounds like theory of a dead man or default.