All the Right Reasons review by Nickelback

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Nickelback: All the Right Reasons

A really mixed album without a bad song on it. Goes from the quiet and only just rock Far Away (a brilliant song I might add) all the way to near metal Animals and Side of a bullet. No really complicated riffs, but everything goes together to make a truly original and wonderful sound. Nickelback really can churn out some ace stuff. On the whole quieter and more mature than their previous albums, they seem to have got better with every album they've released! Brilliant.

Chad hasn't got what you could call a nice voice by anyones standards, but it suits The Nickelback style perfectly, whether the song is one of their noisy or quiet song. You've got a contrast in the lyrics to, with Far away being an easy going, easy to listen to love song, If everyone cared is part love song, part, well, I don't know what to call it, talking about all the wrong in the world and the power we have to changeit. Photograph has a nice touch of reminiscence in it and goes together to make an altogether beautiful song. On the other end, you've got Animals, the dirtier side of nickelback, and I won't bother going into that one in too much detail. Same sort of thing again, Side of a bullet is an aggressive song, all about avenging someone who's been shot. Rockstar is an altogether new thing from Nickelback, talking about wanting to be a rockstar and all that it entails. Don't ask me why. Chad's voice really does go. they've got everythiong balanced to perfection.

Nickelback are one of the best bands around and this album is the best one they've ever done in my opinion. Probably one of the best albums by anyone. Here is a quick overview of the songs: 01. Follow You Home - a slightly above average, but only just, song, quite heavy and not very tuneful at all, but overall, it works OK. 02. Fight For All The Wrong Reasons - I'd never have thought that Nickeloback would resort to using synths like The Killers and Darkness do, and I wouldn't have thought it would work at all. But here, it proves how wrong I was. nothing fancy, but the synth really adds to the song and makes it one of the best songs of the album. the first minute or so is fab, it tails off a bit after that, but finds itself again before the end. Overall, a good song. 03. Photograph - the first single off All The Right Reasons, and deserves to be. it was this song that motivated me to buy the album. Very similar in style and make up to How You Remind Me, from silver side up. It's ever so slightly cowboyish and come together to make a great song. 04. Animals - their dirtiest song, but also one of their best. Thumping riffs and throut tearing vocals make this an altogether great song. 05. Saving Me - an outstanding song, along similar lines to Photograph. A great solo and slightly heavier final chorus brilliantly round off a brilliant song. 06. Far Away - probably the best song on the album. touching and heartfelt lyrics combined with probably the quietest tune Nickelback have written make up a fantastic song that everyone will love, whether they're a James Blunt or Motorhead fan, it suits everyone who likes music down to the ground. 07. Next Contestant - a failr weak song overall, trying to be headbanging but not quite getting there. Nickelback have used synths on this track too, but here they don't work quite so well. 08. Side Of A Bullet - a song that I at first hated, but has now grown on me. it shows some of the earlier Nickelback that we saw in things like woke up this morning and Flat on the floor. 09. If Everyone Cared - another great song, thought inspiring lyrics and a decent enough tune. no fancy riffs or solos, but still one of the best songs on the album. 10. Someone That You're With - late '80s type rock song here, along a simialr sort of style to some Bryan Adams stuff. You'll love it originally, but you get tired of it in not too long. 11. Rockstar - a really catchy tune that stays in your head all day here. original lyrics too. A geeod round-off track.

xunholyknightx
    i really like nickelback and they were one of the first bands i got into but i have to say i disagree with what the first reviewer said. i think nickleback has gotten softer. i heard alot more metalish riffs on long road and silver side up than on this album. not saying that i dont like this album but i wish they kept more of a heavy sound. like on the new album they have side of a bullet and animals and those are their heaviest songs on the album and they are not as heavy as some of their older stuff like because of you for instance. that song is kickass.