All the Right Reasons review by Nickelback

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Nickelback: All the Right Reasons

If you're waiting for another Curb, The state, hesher or SIlver side up then you are wrong. THis album is something that leans more towards their previous album 'THe long road'. Nickelback has felt the taste of the rock-ballads and it is taking over. Where you had Fly in 'curb', Leader Of Men in 'The State', you now get 5 rather slow songs 'Savin' Me', 'Photgraph', 'If Everyone Cared', 'far Away'. This could be the loss of many hardrock fans from the beginning of Nickelback but a gaining of emo-fans. Luckily they manage to fill up the abum's emo-side with some harder stuff. The creativity of drummer Daniel Adair and the use of a piano is a plus toward the album. Overall it is not a bad record but in all fareness I have to admit I loved the old Nickelback more. Albums like 'The state', 'Curb' and 'SSU' are in my opinion just more rough and better than this one and ' The long road'.

The voice of Chad has changed a lot. Live he knows how to create the right sound you need. You do have to like his voice. people who don't won't like this album. The lyrics itself are plain Nickelback although compared with old work they are more soft and easy. They aren't deep anymore like it used to be. Which is something I miss.

I think nickelback and Theory of a deadman are getting to close. However Tyler's voice is lower and more appreciated by many people. If Nickelback had dared to take Next Contestant as a single and not every soft song from the album they woudl've had a completely different image. Same things that happened with the long road. They do still know how to make good songs but none of them will stick out anymore like 'How you remind me' or 'Leader of men' did. With DAniel Adair they have a great musician. Just look at his work he does for 'Martone'. They just need to combine the rough edge on Curb with the creativity on All the right reasons.

rocksheretostay
    Ok. Im just going to make sure everyones aware of this, because many of the reviews are saying the opposite, Ryan is not Nickelbacks drummer anymore. They now have Daniel Adair, 3 Doors Down's old drummer, and he recorded all the drums on this album. So STOP saying how great of a job ryan did on drums
    NightwishAngel
    I love this album! Definitely in my top 3 Nickelback albums, along with Silver Side Up and The Long Road. Great lyrics by Chad. They keep getting better with each album