All The Right Reasons Review

8.9
 7.6
 2,103
All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: henryt-bags, on september 28, 2005

Sound: This is definitely the most heavy stuff Nickelback have come out with, they now have a more classic rock sort of feel to them, rather than their usual alternative sound. Songs like Animal, Fight For All The Wrong Reasons, and Far Away are really heavy, with less acoustic guitar and more heavy riffs than you would expect from these guys. In saying that, I rather like it, it's a real change for them. There are, however, songs that are similar to their other work, like the lead-off single, Photograph, and also the songs Rockster and Savin' Me. // 10

Lyrics: Chad Kroeger's songwriting style hasn't changed too much. Songs like Animal, If Everyone Cared and Next Contestant talk about how the world acts, our tendancy to look only at the negatives, to only go for girls because they're available, and so forth. My favourite however, is the first single Photograph. It talks about memories about where he grew up as a child. This story has been told in so many songs, but this is the first time it touched me. His voice, however, hasn't changed at all. It clashes with the music. While the music has progressed onto something quite beautiful at times, Kroeger seems to be standing still. You listen to the intro of Rockster, and get ready to be moved by the lyrics, then that voice somes in. There is nothing wrong with his voice, it just doesn't go well with the music. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, it is good enough to hold its own in the music industry, mainly because of their sound. Old fans of Nickelback will like it, and it might snag a couple new fans, but it's nothing too spectacular. My mate burned this album for me, so if I lose it, I'll just ask him for another. // 8

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: dann_blood, on january 05, 2006

Sound: This is an incredible album, summary at the end. This is my summary of the album. 01. Follow You Home - he does good to match vocals with the chords, as hes playin pretty fast at some parts. Awesome solo by Ryan, nails it. He also adds a few fast picking bars in the pre-chorus if you listen carefully enough. The other Ryan has a few seconds of drum time at the start, and puts an average drum beat. 02. Fight For All The Wrong Reasons - this song sounds awfully familiar to a Curb type song, just drums and bass for the first few bars, then guitar layers over for the verse. Chad does alright in the chorus, he has some fast handmovement. Once again a solo by Ryan, then alot of fast chords after that, with the other Ryan smashing the cymbols quite a bit. 03. Photograph - this is a more of a country song, alot more controlled than the previous songs, but still awesome. I like metal, all that heavy stuff, but no-one could pass this song by, nice guitar, drums and bass all round, nice song all up. 04. Animals - this is an incredibly song, swinging very heavily towards metal sound, phenomenal bass, not as diverse with the chords excepting the chorus and intro. Very nice everything, not the best, but it is still above average. 05. Savin Me - nice average pace intro from Ryan, then drums and bass kick in, Chad sings for it, a nice riff through it. Incredible chorus, really reaches you, it goes real soft, then kicks up the gain and it sounds very nice. The vocals effect it greatly too. Nice solo, goes in harmony with the vocals from the chorus, and right at the end he hits the higher notes, giving it a perfect sound. This is an excellent song. Theres a piano as the coda, just repeating the intro but adding alot more notes. 06. Far Away - Ryan has alot more plucking in this, moving faster than average, just him and guitar having a duality until the chorus. Drums and bass kick in there, add alot to the symphony of it all. Beautiful music, Ryan does good, as does the other Ryan, Mike and Chad. 07. Next Contestant - some effects and distortion for the intro to give it a half wah sound, that continues through the verse with the bass and drums giving layering. It gets much heavier in the chorus, its another violent sorta song by these guys. Nice Bridge by these guys. 08. Side Of A Bullet - very heavy intro for Nickelback, but nothing special, average everything as far as I can see. This would be scoring about a 6 if it werent for the solo. Its a typical rock solo, slower at the start then he nails it to the floor, uses fast-picking. Very nice solo, perfect with the bass, drums and other guitar. 09. If Everyone Cared - I believe its a piano intro, or it could be guitar with effects, but I believe its a Piano. Chorus is excellent, one of the best these guys have produced. Not the best, but it is still very good. Another guitar solo, and it is in harmony with the song, not like the fast picking solos before this. 10. Someone That Your With - a fast paced song, its in 3/4, starts with 1 bar of drums, then 4 bars of guitar picking, then bass drops in and adds to the layering. Stays like that til the Pre-Chorus, then Chad adds his guitar to it. Same riff over and over again, very dissapointing as hes just going up and down the neck with the same notes. 11. Rockstar - this is alot like the last song of The Long Road, See You at the Show. Same sort of style, but is of a higher standard. Same sorta strum pattern the whole song. 12. Someday (acoustic live) - probably Nickelback's most widely known song, on acoustic you pick up alot of things you wouldnt have heard before. Very nice. It is perfectly played as it is live. Ryan nails the solo. // 10

Lyrics: 01. Follow You Home - the lyrics for the chorus doesnt make much sense, but it sounds like one of Chads old school songs about heartbreak and violence between people. 02. Fight For All The Wrong Reasons - sounds like one of the Silver Side Up type songs, but of course its alot faster, singing is pretty good, same type of layout as SSU (Silver Side Up) songs. It's just about fighting for the wrong reasons, as you might guess from the name. 03. Photograph - this is all about his past life, and has a country sound to it. Nickelback has really spread itself out over the rock genre, some songs you could pass off as metal, and some others are like this, very soft, and country. Incredible song. 04. Animals - this is one of Chad's dirtier songs, about sex and getting hyped up, and violence, getting into trouble, basically being rebellious. I was in doubt of the dirtiness until the line "Her head between my knees". Still a nice song. 05. Savin Me - very nice lyrics, sort of like a love song, but without the girlfriend or love, lovely melody with the instruments, it just sounds perfect, excellent job by Nickelback as a whole here. 06. Far Away - this is a love song, to the core, has wonderful lyrics, another bomb of a song, not as great as Savin Me, but still an excellent song. Nice harmony with everything, lots about Chad loving someone and missing them, and dreaming bout them, the usual love lyrics. 07. Next Contestant - this is a very dangerous song by Nickelback. From what I pick up from Chads lyrics, his girlfriend is being chased by a fair few blokes, and he sees one of them and threatens him, something that makes almost no sense as is what metal is about. And in the final verse it seems he doesnt like what his girlfriend is wearing, but everyone else is entranced on her, and he ends up smashing someone. Incredible song though. 08. Side Of A Bullet - once again a violent song, but this is a very very angry song. Lots of things about shooting anything. Thats basically the whole song. 09. If Everyone Cared - lyrics are top notch for this one. It is all about peace, very nice singing, Chad really nails it, one of the best. 10. Someone That Your With - nice lyrics, not bad, but it dissapoints me a bit that theyre slowly declining, but its like this with all albums by rockers. All up, it aint too bad. 11. Rockstar - lyrics, as is with the music, pretty much the same style as See You at the Show. Once again, he sings about being famous in this, and he sort of tells of his dreams of it as a kid. Higher quality than See You at the Show. 12. Someday (acoustic live) - what can I say about the lyrics? They are perfect for a live version. Ryan fulfils his duty as back-up singer, adds alot to the chorus, gives it a different feel. // 9

Overall Impression: This is without a doubt Nickelbacks best album. Chad, Ryan, Mike and Ryan have given a lot of thought to this, and it is a very strong structure. A lot of diversity, from heavy metal to country rock, they've really developed from their first album. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: Shipwreck7, on october 08, 2005

Sound: Nickelback has a very distinct sound and this is the heaviest music they've released thus far. If you're looking for some simple get up and go music, this is the CD to get. They obviously decided to crank it up a notch yet still hold true to the music/lyric pattern that has made them so popular. Many songs, although, do sound somewhat overproduced. You can tell there was a lot of "clean up" with multiple layerings of Chad's voice as well as several enhanced guitar effects. Not to say that's bad but certainly far from some of the rawness heard from many songs on prior albums. The song "Side Of A Bullet" is a great Dimebag tribute and you can definitley hear his chops within that were added post-mortem. Photograph is a great song that really tells a story and puts you in the moment. Can't say that's the case with most of the other songs (which it doesn't need to be). Musically, this cd works well and some songs even make you want to drive faster or break something. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are another story. Most of the songs have a great sound musically and then the lyrics kick in and the disappointment begins. As I said, Photograph is the exception, especially if you watch the video. But listen to the song "Next Contestant" and you'll know what I mean. Good sound but he sings about how he's going to beat up the next guy that looks at or touches his stripper girlfriend and how they'll "Walk away in pain". That's the "Next Contestant." Huh? The song "Animal," again, has a good sound but lyrically is very thoughtless. He sings about how he, and presumably his stripper girlfriend from "Next Contestant," are driving down the road and "She has both hands on my gears." You're laughing now aren't you? Well, I was when I heard some of these songs. I expected something much better from these guys. Not that every song has to have some deep meaning or profound statement but some of these songs contain half drunk bar room napkin lyrics. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall this is still a good buy and you won't be disappointed if you already like Nickelback's sound, Chad's voice, and tuned-down, heavy handed power chords. I like this somewhat better than "The Long Road" but only somewhat. No matter what, you just can't beat Chad Kroeger's distinct voice in melody or in belting through the microphone, the song "Photograph," or the addition of Dimebag's licks to the very cool song "Side Of A Bullet." These 3 things alone are worth the 12 or 13 bucks to own it. // 8

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: WarMonkey23, on january 09, 2006

Sound: The sound of the album is pretty impressive for the most part. There are about 5 good heavy songs on it with killer guitar riffs and vocals (Follow You Home, Fight For All The Wrong Reasons, Animals, Next Contestant, Side Of A Bullet) and then there's a few less hard and a little more mellow songs (Photograph, Savin' Me, If Everone Cared, Someone that you're with, Rockstar) but there is one song on there that's so slow and wimpy that I can't stand (Far Away). The heavy songs are definitly the heaviest Nickelback so far but slower songs might be their worst. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical Nickelback mostly. they still have the post-grunge thing going on but there are a few songs that have more classic rock type lyrics (Follow You Home, Animals, Rockstar) even though the lyrics to Animals, Next Contestant and Someone That You're With are kinda corny. // 7

Overall Impression: The only other Nickelback CD I have is The State, their debut which is alot different than All The Right Reasons. their music has evolved alot. they're not worst or better, just differect. My personal favorite from the album is the song "Side Of A Bullet." Anybody who likes their older stuff will probably like this album. // 8

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 10, 2007

Sound: If you're waiting for another Curb, The state, hesher or SIlver side up then you are wrong. THis album is something that leans more towards their previous album 'THe long road'. Nickelback has felt the taste of the rock-ballads and it is taking over. Where you had Fly in 'curb', Leader Of Men in 'The State', you now get 5 rather slow songs 'Savin' Me', 'Photgraph', 'If Everyone Cared', 'far Away'. This could be the loss of many hardrock fans from the beginning of Nickelback but a gaining of emo-fans. Luckily they manage to fill up the abum's emo-side with some harder stuff. The creativity of drummer Daniel Adair and the use of a piano is a plus toward the album. Overall it is not a bad record but in all fareness I have to admit I loved the old Nickelback more. Albums like 'The state', 'Curb' and 'SSU' are in my opinion just more rough and better than this one and ' The long road'. // 7

Lyrics: The voice of Chad has changed a lot. Live he knows how to create the right sound you need. You do have to like his voice. people who don't won't like this album. The lyrics itself are plain Nickelback although compared with old work they are more soft and easy. They aren't deep anymore like it used to be. Which is something I miss. // 6

Overall Impression: I think nickelback and Theory of a deadman are getting to close. However Tyler's voice is lower and more appreciated by many people. If Nickelback had dared to take Next Contestant as a single and not every soft song from the album they woudl've had a completely different image. Same things that happened with the long road. They do still know how to make good songs but none of them will stick out anymore like 'How you remind me' or 'Leader of men' did. With DAniel Adair they have a great musician. Just look at his work he does for 'Martone'. They just need to combine the rough edge on Curb with the creativity on All the right reasons. // 7

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: JustinYap, on december 15, 2005

Sound: I'm pretty impressed with most of the songs on the album. With pretty good guitar riffs and drums in songs like "Animals" and "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons" and is the first Nickelback album using pianos. But I am kinda disappointed with Chad Kroeger's vocals in songs like "Follow You Home." So generally I really like the instrumental part of this album. And is probably Nickelback's best sounding album. // 7

Lyrics: Chad Kroeger is very creative with his lyrics, tapping into his childhood and past experiences in "Photograph." And I really like his craftsmanship in "Animals," how the rhythm, lyrics and melody fit in, and how the song really suits his voice. But there are songs that really sound like their old material. For example, there's some parts in "Savin' Me" that really sound like "How You Remind Me." But overall, I think this album is very "rich," with sentimental acoustic songs, to head banging hard rock. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I feel it's a very good album from a band like Nickelback, although probably not as good as other rock acts out there right now, probably because they're a bit too "pop." The songs I feel are the best would be "Photograph," "Animals," "Far Away," "Rockstar" and "Side Of A Bullet." And the songs I feel rather disappointed with are "Follow You Home" with the horrible vocals and a few other songs I'm too lazy to name. // 8

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: Ben Downes, on march 07, 2006

Sound: The sound that Nickelback have achieved for their new album all the right reasons is absolutely incredible, they play most of their songs in cmaj so it's sort of a deep heavy metal rock album. There's only one song that's verry close to a heavy metal cmaj sound and that is the song side of a bullet, but over all I think the sound is absolutely beautiful. The only song in standard tunning on the new album all the right reasons is the song far away which I tabbed on ug. Any in my personal opinion the sound used in this particular album is amazing. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are a bit more emotional in this album e.g. Far Away, If Everyone Cared, Some-one That Your With, Fight For All The Wrong Reasons, Photograph, the accoustic version of Someday, Next Contestant and especially Side Of A Bullet. Side Of A Bullet was written because Chad lost one of his best mates in a car accident and so that's the reason side of a bullet was written. The only song that talks about dreamin' about becomin' a rockstar is the song Rockstar and the only song that talks about persistance is the song Follow You Home. The music that goes with these songs I think suit it very well because they sound emotional, angry and depressed. I love Chad's singin' voice because the skill you need to get that distorted/grunge sort of sound voice is almost impossible and chad sounds so good when he sings like he does I honestly mean and believe that. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression of the album, all the right reasons is hudge and is never gonna decrease mainly because I think in my own personal opinion Nickelback is ten times better than those crappy bands like Led Zepplin and AC/DC. In my personal opinion Nickelback is the best band ever and nothin's gonna' change that. The most impressive songs on the album are nearly every single no infact every single song on the album. 1st of all there's nothin' that I don't like about the album. 2ndly what I love about the album is that the melodies, the intro's and the solo's sound so good. You may not of figured this out but Chad and Ryan have been accepted into the top 20 guitarist in the world and mike is in the top 20 bass players in the world and Daniel is in the top ten drummers in the world. If it was lost or stolen I would definately stop and nothin' just to get another copy of the album All The Right Reasons, I'd do the same for the other 4 Nickelback albums I own, Curb, The State, Silver Side Up, the Long Road and now the new album all The Right Reasons. And they were realeased in the order that is shown. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: mistertomo123, on november 27, 2006

Sound: A really mixed album without a bad song on it. Goes from the quiet and only just rock Far Away (a brilliant song I might add) all the way to near metal Animals and Side of a bullet. No really complicated riffs, but everything goes together to make a truly original and wonderful sound. Nickelback really can churn out some ace stuff. On the whole quieter and more mature than their previous albums, they seem to have got better with every album they've released! Brilliant. // 10

Lyrics: Chad hasn't got what you could call a nice voice by anyones standards, but it suits The Nickelback style perfectly, whether the song is one of their noisy or quiet song. You've got a contrast in the lyrics to, with Far away being an easy going, easy to listen to love song, If everyone cared is part love song, part, well, I don't know what to call it, talking about all the wrong in the world and the power we have to changeit. Photograph has a nice touch of reminiscence in it and goes together to make an altogether beautiful song. On the other end, you've got Animals, the dirtier side of nickelback, and I won't bother going into that one in too much detail. Same sort of thing again, Side of a bullet is an aggressive song, all about avenging someone who's been shot. Rockstar is an altogether new thing from Nickelback, talking about wanting to be a rockstar and all that it entails. Don't ask me why. Chad's voice really does go. they've got everythiong balanced to perfection. // 9

Overall Impression: Nickelback are one of the best bands around and this album is the best one they've ever done in my opinion. Probably one of the best albums by anyone. Here is a quick overview of the songs: 01. Follow You Home - a slightly above average, but only just, song, quite heavy and not very tuneful at all, but overall, it works OK. 02. Fight For All The Wrong Reasons - I'd never have thought that Nickeloback would resort to using synths like The Killers and Darkness do, and I wouldn't have thought it would work at all. But here, it proves how wrong I was. nothing fancy, but the synth really adds to the song and makes it one of the best songs of the album. the first minute or so is fab, it tails off a bit after that, but finds itself again before the end. Overall, a good song. 03. Photograph - the first single off All The Right Reasons, and deserves to be. it was this song that motivated me to buy the album. Very similar in style and make up to How You Remind Me, from silver side up. It's ever so slightly cowboyish and come together to make a great song. 04. Animals - their dirtiest song, but also one of their best. Thumping riffs and throut tearing vocals make this an altogether great song. 05. Saving Me - an outstanding song, along similar lines to Photograph. A great solo and slightly heavier final chorus brilliantly round off a brilliant song. 06. Far Away - probably the best song on the album. touching and heartfelt lyrics combined with probably the quietest tune Nickelback have written make up a fantastic song that everyone will love, whether they're a James Blunt or Motorhead fan, it suits everyone who likes music down to the ground. 07. Next Contestant - a failr weak song overall, trying to be headbanging but not quite getting there. Nickelback have used synths on this track too, but here they don't work quite so well. 08. Side Of A Bullet - a song that I at first hated, but has now grown on me. it shows some of the earlier Nickelback that we saw in things like woke up this morning and Flat on the floor. 09. If Everyone Cared - another great song, thought inspiring lyrics and a decent enough tune. no fancy riffs or solos, but still one of the best songs on the album. 10. Someone That You're With - late '80s type rock song here, along a simialr sort of style to some Bryan Adams stuff. You'll love it originally, but you get tired of it in not too long. 11. Rockstar - a really catchy tune that stays in your head all day here. original lyrics too. A geeod round-off track. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: Les Paul 999, on july 02, 2009

Sound: When I first saw this album I thought to myself "hey look another wannabe american band who'll get nowhere in the world of music". How very wrong I was. I bought the album from a friend after he played me the main single "Animals" I was blown away. The guitar work really drew me in and as the song progressed I began to enjoy it more and more. The album itself was released in 2005 and was Nickelback's fifth studio album. They were already well known from the single 'How You Remind Me'. The bands main airplay song on "All The Right Reasons" was "Rockstar". The band uses an exceptional mix of soft and up-beat songs to create what is one of my all time favourite albums. The songs they have produced have powerful messages that make you think "I can see what they're saying there". The harder songs blast whilst the gentle songs tend to provide a calm build up to the next "Blaster". One problem has occurred with this album though and it's this: At times, especially for the more sad and slow paced songs, the distortion on Chad Kroeger's voice is completely unnecessary and clashes with the music. Where Nickelback should have left it as clean as the music that accompanies it they've added a distortion that can spoil the mood of the song. But overall an exceptional album none the less. // 9

Lyrics: Each song had a different effect on me so I'll go through one by one: 01.Follow You Home: this song definitely has a heavier feel than some of the album. It begins with a nice heavy rock drum intro accompanied by Ryan Peake's guitar riffs. When Chad Kroeger begins to sing he accompanies the music very well. The lyrics are a bit on the dark side as it speaks of putting the singer in a grave and burying him but it works well with the classic nickelback backing. 02.Fight For All The Wrong Reasons: this song touches upon the concept of argumentative couples. The Lyrics are well written and are similar to the previous song and the chorus has a certain catchy side that sticks in your head. There is one section that has a certain 'slipknot-esque'distorted screaming section that really doesn't suit the song as it is both inaudible and unnecessary. The choral section that follows is better and makes us of multiple voices. 03.Photograph: this song is the iconic song from the album. The Lyrics reflect upon a young man's life who wants to let go of the past. The lyrical content works very well with the acoustic guitar tracks. Chad Kroeger works very well with this song and enhances the atmosphere that nickelback is well known for. This song leaves the listener reminiscing about their own past. 04.Animals: this song is up beat and is very catchy. This is based on a more hard rock theme. The lyrics feature a boy and a girl running away and making out in the girl's car. The girl's dad appears and the couple are found. Kroeger is well known for his hard rock lyrics and singing style and here he doesn't disappoint. 05.Savin' Me: this song is possibly less upbeat than the previous song but still uses a very powerful beat. The lyrics are similar to the songs from 'Silverside Up' using a very rock/grunge based theme for the verse and using a double vocal chorus. A very enjoyable song. 06.Far Away: my personal favourite song from the album. The lyrics suit the content of the song and the backing music exquisitely. The vocals aren't as distorted as some of the previous songs and the use of harmony on the chorus is used sucessfully. This is the song that every teenager with a guitar should learn to play. 07.Next Contestant: this song contrasts to the previous song completely. The lyrics tackle the theme of men after your girlfriend. Chad Kroeger again doesn't disappoint in this track, ranging well from loud to soft. 08.Side Of A Bullet: this song to me sadly disappoints very slightly. Chad Kroeger doesn't impress in this song as he appears to be distorted along with a very distorted guitar part doesn't seem to work. 09.If Everyone Cared: the song with the most meaningful lyrics. It tackles the subject of building a better world. This song is very atmospheric and Kroeger is very well projected and accompanies the piano/guitar part well. Very impressive when the song reaches its climax. 10.Someone That Your With: this song is about jealousy. One of the "blasters" designed probably to blow you out of the water following the last track. Very well written with good lyrics. 11.Rockstar: the final track on the album was a great track to begin with, clocking 50 consecutive weeks on the album charts, until it hit the radio. The amount of radio airplay it recieved where I live made me sick of the song by the end. The song does have some good lyrics and speaks of someone's dream of becoming a rockstar. Kroeger does a brilliant job of the vocals, a song that every teenager has heard and can sing along to. The tracks on this album give a complete overview of all Nickelbacks talents and provide some powerful messages about society. // 9

Overall Impression: This album far surpasses most american albums. For me the most impressive songs were the slower more quiet as it makes the listener more reflective. I love the mix that Nickelback have created of slow and fast songs and look forward to purchasing some more of their work. // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 08, 2005

Sound: The sound was very good on this new CD of Nickelback's arthough very different in some songs. In the song Rockstar, I kinda got a country feeling to the song (although very good song). There number one single, Photograph, was most common to there old music. Overall, the sound was very good. I like the new type of music there trying out. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics I thought wern't quite as good as the sound but still vey good and powerful. Photograph is a song about his childhood and were he grew up. The music vidio for Photograph was filmed in his homne town to in Canada. I didn't realy like the lyrics for the 2nd song on there CD, Fight for all the wrong reasons. Overall the lyrics were very good. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great album. I thought that the Long Road was gonna be there best CD for a while, but this CD was alot better. Probaly the most impresive songs on the album were Photograph, Follow You Home, Next Contestant, and Rockstar. If this CD were to ever be stolen, I would hunt down him and then I would probaly have to kill them. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: anbfrontman, on november 12, 2005

Sound: The production on this album is precise, without sounding overproduced. The addition of ex-3 Doors Down studio drummer Daniel Adair gives them a third very capable vocalist, and their harmonies and vocal counter-melodies are candy to the ears. The album doesn't have anything ground-breaking by any means, but it sounds well thought out. The bridge in "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons" is a good example of how great production meets talented musicians. The album as a whole is balanced with some softer stuff ("Savin Me") and has some pretty aggresive, rock-out stuff too ("Side Of A bullet")and then the slow/aggresive dynamic with songs like "Next Contestant" or "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons." This is the album you need to hear with headphones first; it's sex in the ears. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics overall are better than The Long Road. Kroeger's got great rhyme and melody construction, especially in "Animals," "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons" and "Rockstar." The latter being a heartfelt song about how we all just wanna be big rockstars. Of course, as with any writer, some of his lyrics are cliche', but that is forgivable considering the depth and/or creativity of rhyme in the majority of the songs. Kroeger is a BAMF on the vocals, and this album shows off all of his skills. He can scream, yell, sing soft, everything without showing any weaknesses. // 8

Overall Impression: These guys haven't really dropped off at all, and they're getting even better with their new drummer in. These guys are in their prime, but hopefully their next album explores some new territory. Even though the music still has a great sound to it, after about five albums it may be time to start looking for fresher material; for example, "Photograph" sounds like a rock template piece of crap to me. The lyrics are bound to be every High Schools senior song, which is why MTV will play this song until Carson Daly's head explodes. Aside from this crappy blemish on the album, the best songs (in my opinion) are "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons," "Next Contestant," "Savin' Me," "Rockstar" and "Animals." I love the fact that they don't really let up as far as intensity on this album, I really can't say I hate anything on this album (except for Photograph). If I lost this album, I'd steal the money from our bandfund to go out and buy it again. Or download it. Either way, I would have to have it again! // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 08, 2005

Sound: I think this is deffinately their best album. I prefer the more complicated riffs. As a guitarist and a drummer, I love the album as a whole a lot more. The opening song, "Follow You Home" kicks in with a lovely fluent double kick pedal lick which really gets you goin'. Then the sudden start of "Fight For All The Wrong Reasons" (easily the best song overall). And the simple but effective "Photograph." The whole album is just a joy to listen to. Especially with the Bass on full! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics I find go alot deeper with "If Everyone Cared," "Savin' Me," "Far Away" and "Photograph," and I think it suites the album well. Chad Kroeger's voice fails to dissapoint as usuall. The songs are soft, and maybe you feel he shouldn't be so aggressive. I disagree as I think it's just singing with a passion, and personally I like the songs nice and driven and ready to rock out. I think everything fits nicely. But I don't enjoy songs like "I wanna be that someone that you're with" I just don't really get into them. I find Rockstar funny and don't get me wrong I think it's a great song, but it's not really a song which would've taken much thought! // 8

Overall Impression: I think this is there best album yet. I think it's still got it's predictability factor, like you can see the simarlarities to previous songs off different albums but I don't mind the same kind of thing comin' out of my speakers. I think they are finally starting to push well away from the Creed area of sounds and are pushing into the "heavyness" of riffs of bands like Evanescence, (only not the gothic kind of side). A few corny songs here and there but I love there new "improved" sound. I hope they stay in the heavier area. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy the album and a small safe to keep it in. I love it! Great, but a few dissapointin'songs. // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: Back up Brandon, on january 06, 2006

Sound: I thought at first this album was just going to be all about love girls and all the other issue's but it was actually about the bands life in canada when they were teens going to high school. So when you listened to some of the songs you can relate to them. I really liked how there was a bonding between the listener and the song. Nickelback really did a good job at relating with the audience. The sound quality was also very impressive. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics really fit with the song. They also flow very well. There not chopy at all. I really also liked how the band could dig deep down inside and write a story then make it into a song. Other bands just throw a whole bunch of words together and call it a song but these songs have there own story for each one. mistakes and lessons they learned throught there teen years. // 8

Overall Impression: Some of nickelbacks other albums did really suck. They didn't have any meaning exept some really cheasy love storys. Most impressive songs from the album have to be Rockstar and Someone That Your With. I really like these songs because you always think about what would you do if you were famous. They did that and put it into a song. I like Someone That Your With because I'm realating to what happened to him in the song in real life. I like the song photograph but its over played on the radio so now it's getting anoying. I would definatly buy this album again if it was stolen or lost or scratched 'cause it's an album you need in your colection. // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: *'-'*, on january 10, 2006

Sound: All The Right Reasons is the fifth album from Canadian rockers Nickelback. I feel that it draws on a much wider range of influences than previous efforts from the band. The best word for this album is variety. On one end of the scale, you get great acoustic rock in the form of songs like Photogragh (incidently the first single) but also some detuned and distorted riffery in songs like album opener Follow You Home. // 9

Lyrics: The vocals on All The Right Reasons is vintage Nickelback, delivered with an honest amount of power without going over the top. The music and lyrics comply perfectly, and create some interesting effects on the music. The lyrics, especially on Side Of A Bullet (a tribute to the late and great Dimebag Darrel) are very well thought out and written. // 9

Overall Impression: This is by far Nickelback's best album to date. The sheer variety is testament to that. Saying that, don't buy this album expecting 12 songs like Photogarph, 'cause your not gonna get that. When comparing this album to, lets say In Your Honour, by the Foo Fighters, Nickelback sadly takes second place, but only just. The biggest highlight is Side Of A Bullet. As alreaddy stated, it is a tribute to Dimebag Darrel, a man the boys respected alot. This track also features a solo played by Dimebag himself. Other great tracks include Photograph and Follow You Home. // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: GreenDaykid_16, on january 21, 2006

Sound: I love Nickelback, and this is by far the best record that they have ever put out. The album is a great mix between hard rock and soft ballads. They were supposed to take a break before they made another record, but 2 weeks into their vacation their creative juices started to flow again. This album has sweet lyrics and also some hard rock lyrics, like in "Side Of A Bullet," it is about the death of Dimebag Darrell. The album features ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons on the tracks "Follow You Home" and "Rock Star". Also the solo for "Side Of A Bullet" was pieced together with the help of Vinnie Paul, they took some recorded solos from Dimebag and combined them to make one. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing, definetly the best lyrics Nickelback has to offer. The lyrics Chad has written this time, fit extremely well with the music, definetly the best mix. On this record, Chad really steps up his vocal skills, with the ballad "Far Away" he really shows just how great of a singer he is. // 7

Overall Impression: This album is absolutely the best one Nickelback has ever put out. The best songs on the album that really stick out are "Follow You Home," "Far Away," and "Next Contestant." They all really bring a great feel to Nickelback's hard rock music and sweet lyrical ballads. There isn't really anything to hate about this album, every song keeps you wanting more which makes ready for the next album. If it were lost or stolen I would definelty buy it again. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: Funkmaster Fret, on february 04, 2006

Sound: With a brand new drummer in Daniel Adair, Nickelback comes out with All the Right Reasons blazing. They have turned up the volume and increased the distortion, which outputs the loudest music these Canadian musicians have ever done. Everything, and I mean everything, matches up perfectly. Vocals, drums, guitars, all in perfect unison. Granted, some styles are repeated, most notably the awesome Rockstar (which is basically See You At The Show), and If Everyone Cared (which is similar in structure to Should've Listened), but all for the better. The boys are getting much, much better, and the only thing holding them back is the majority of society's taste in music today (by this, I mean the rapidly growing popularity of rap, r&b, pop, etc). // 10

Lyrics: Chad Kroeger is a half-breed singer: pair him up with the wrong kind of music, and he sounds like he's got Strep or a hernia; pair him up with the right kind of music, and it's unlike anything any modern band can produce outside of the studio. The way the band maniuplates music to fit his voice is incredible, and it turns his voice into one we all wish we had as rockers. As for the lyrics? Silver Side Up may be one of my favorite albums, but if you write down the lyrics from any song on that CD(except Never Again), the don't make any damned sense. That style of writing almost left in the Long Road and is now completely gone in All the Right Reasons (with maybe the exception of Fight for all the Wrong Reasons). The lyrics now not only make sense, now they aren't pointless. It is easy to understand what the man means in the CD and the lyrics absolutley flow with the music (highlights here are Rockstar, Next Contestant, Animals, or Follow You Home) and sing about things people can relate to (example here in Savin' Me or If Everyone Cared). // 9

Overall Impression: My impression? They are through being half-assed in music. They put sweat, blood, and soul into every single part of the album, and it shows. Every single song on this CD rocks, in both meanings. Are some songs a little emo (If Everyone Cared/Savin' Me/Far Away)? Yes. Are Some songs a little hard-core, heavy metal-esque (Next Contestant/Side Of A Bullet)? Definitely. Hell, one song borderlines country(Rockstar) which is stopped by the chorus and interlude. Are these songs spectacular? Indeed. This is probably, no, is definitely their best album(it does not have to be your favorite, but is defintely their best work) to date, and I expect to see even better next time. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: boyan89, on april 20, 2006

Sound: The sound on this cd was amazing it tops every other CD Nickelback has made it tops the solos and guitar for every song. The sound was amazing overall it surprised me because their new drummer is way better than their old one. 01. Follow You Home - it starts of amazing with cool drums, then the guitar does some pretty heavy riffs it has a good breakdown. 02. Fight For All The Wrong Reasons - probably one of my favorite songs on the album once again nice solo with the breakdown. 03. Photograph - this song has some pretty good acoustic and electric guitar riffs but I don't like it that much. 04. Animals - one of my favs on the album really catchy song cool breakdown and nice guitar riffs. 05. Savin Me - this is probably one of the best soft songs I have ever heard in my whole life it has an awesome solo and awesome intro. 06. Far Away - this song has good acoustic guitar but I don't like it as much as Savin Me. 07. Next Contastant - one of my favs on the album it has a cool guitar with effects and it has a pretty good chorus and a breakdown. 08. Side Of A Bullet - one of my favs again it has an amazing intro that is pretty heavy for Nickelback and has a kick-ass solo. 09. If Everyone Cared - I like this song but its not one of their best but still pretty good its better than Far Away and Photograph at least. 10. Someone That Your With - catchy song to listen has some pretty good riffs and stuff. 11. Rockstar - one of my favs on the album as well it has really good acoustic in this one. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were amazing on this album I mean their just so powerful and listening to some of them makes you want to never let go of ur girlfriend or kiss her every day. 01. Follow You Home - I don't really get the lyrics but its talking about how his girlfriend is a queen, a duchess and yah. 02. Fight For All The Wrong Reasons - this song has very powerful lyrics I mean they speak out a lot. 03. Photograph - I know I said this song wasnt that good but the lyrics are awesome. 04. Animals - this song the lyris is all about sex and we control how fast we go by just how hard you wanna squeeze. 05. Savin Me - the lyrics to this song is all about dying and trying to save people from death. 06. Far Away - good lyrics but not the best. 07. Next Contastant - the lyrics to this song are about a stripper and saying how people are always trying grabbing her ass. 08. Side Of A Bullet - this song is about a guy that Nickelback knew and he could do all these crazy ass solos on the guitar then somone shot him while he was on stage. 09. If Everyone Cared - I think this song kind of relates to We Believe by Good Charlotte its saying how the world is wrong. 10. Someone That Your With - this song is saying that the guy wants the girl next door to be his girlfriend. 11. Rockstar - this song is all about being a star baby. Overall the lyrics were amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: The best songs on this album are Fight For All The Wrong Reasons, Animals, Next Contastant, Side Of A Bullet and Rockstar. I love the fact that their guitars are more heavier on this album then their past albums and I dont hate anything about it. If it were stolen I would personally kill the guy that stole it it was lost I would buy it again. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: TomD03, on april 21, 2006

Sound: The recording quality is standard studio quality; decent, no real complaints in this department. The songs are each pretty unique; they aquired their new drummer on this album and you can hear the difference as soon as you put it in; more double-bass drum, busier lines, generally cool drum parts. The songs are all pretty original musically, incorperaing some country elements, metal elements, etc. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are creepy at parts, the first song is about stalking a guy taking his girlfriend and beating/killing him. Kinda violent lyrics, and some sexual lyrics (Animals) but yeah; nothing worse than rap. I personally like Chad's voice, it fits their style well, and he has a pretty good range too. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm going to be honest right now: I don't know why so many people absolutely hate Nickelback. They had some overnight success with Silver Side Up, but you have to remember: that was their third album, not their first. This is their 5th and they're still going strong. You really shouldn't judge these guys (or any band) unless you've listened to a whole album and/or seen them live. That's just my opinion. This is one of the better rock albums to come out recently, and I will definatly be purchasing the next album these guys put out, first day. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: Codezzzz, on june 09, 2006

Sound: There are some very catchy and some very amazing songs on this album. There's so much diversity with the songs from aggressive to calming ballads that there's bound to be at least one song for everyone. My first Nickelback album and probably not gonna be the last from what these songs left with me. Some of the best songs I found were the simple ones with a lot of feeling put into them like "Savin' Me," "If Everyone Cared," or "Far Away." I'll give it a 9 'cause not every song can please anyone cause of the diversity. // 9

Lyrics: Not bad lyrics. You can tell that there was a strong amount of feeling put into all of them. Most lyrics are pretty straight forward. Nothing overall standout about them. Some songs have good choices of words to relate to the feeling of the sound. // 9

Overall Impression: Nickelback's been pretty consistant with all of their past songs and these. You can tell that they're not as rough with all of their songs anymore though. Its for the best I find cause there are some of their best works on this album. Nothing really surprised me from what I thought. It turned out to be exactly what I expected which is good in a way I guess. I'd definately recommend buying this if you're a Nickelback fan. If you're more into meaningful lyrics softer songs, I'd recommend Theory Of A Deadman as an alternative. // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: turnfoot, on july 17, 2006

Sound: In this album, Nickelback wanted to show variety in their music. Hence the use of piano in two songs in the album. This was actually the first time that they used the piano. The songs were "Savin' Me" and "If Everyone Cared". Personally I think that "If Everyone Cared" really stood out and was one of the best songs in the entire album. Also, they had some help from legends like: Billy Gibbons and Dimebag Darrell. Billy Gibbons did the solo in "Follow You Home" and was probably the best solo in the album. Except, of course, for the one in "Side Of A Bullet" which was done by the late Dimebag Darrell. Chad wrote that song in the memory of his friend and asked Dime's wife and brother for recorded solos of him. It is probably the hardest song in "All The Right Reasons". Other Songs worth mentioning are "Photograph, Animals and Rockstar". // 9

Lyrics: I have always liked Chad's songwriting. He just thinks of a situation and puts himself in the scene. "A type of narrative lyrics that makes you imagine a little movie in your head" says Chad. The lyrics are a little simple at times though. But it works for the type of songs that they want to make. // 10

Overall Impression: Unfortunately this is the only Nickelback cd that I bought. So I can't compare it to their other albums. I'm planning to buy the others though. The best songs would probably be "Photograph, Next Contestant, Animals, Follow You Home, Side Of A Bullet & Rockstar". It is an amazing album and I recommend it to Nickelback fans, and anyone who wants to listen to great music. The only thing that I hated though, was its length. It only had 11 songs and was too short. You can't have too much of a good thing. They should make more songs next time. I wouldn't buy the same cd twice though. Even though it's an amazing album, and everyone should have it. So if it were stolen by som1, I'd buy a baseball bat, break the guy's legs and steal the album back. // 9

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: monkeyUS@aol, on july 18, 2006

Sound: This band can play there instraments and play them well. something that makes you with you can wright that. Like the solo's in "Next Contestent" or "Follow You Home". But they may of had a little help with it. From Vinnie Paul & Dimebag, but still. Nobody play it like that anymore. And that why I love that band. Pantera And Nickelback. // 9

Lyrics: Frontman Chad Kroeger has the one thing that really makes this band. Like Nirvana his way of singing says it all. Not that he can sing grate or anything like that he just has something different. It's not good, but at the sametime it's not bad. You can tell he put his hearts work into it. The song that went out to dimebag "Side Of A Bullet" you take the time to listen to it you do think like what happened there. He really does have those songs that make you think like "If Everyone Cared" he looks at life in a good way. That can be hard after all the things that life has brought out. Then again there is that one song that really pushed it. It's raciest sexest and really not puliticly currect. But that makes it a good song. And that song would be "Animals"! // 10

Overall Impression: These guys are very different to other bands. They can somehow change the meaning of a song and bring it to new hights. I love this band. But they never really got softer. Like "Disturbed" or "Stone sour" they just changed. From "Silverside" up to "The Long Road". They didn't get better but they never got worse it just changed in a way. But I still have one thing to say All The Right Reasons has a picture of a road on it right, but they called the 4th CD "The Long Road". What's that about really. And how come I'm the only one that realized it. // 10

All The Right Reasons Reviewed by: defiance64, on july 10, 2007

Sound: Nickelback have come a long way since The State, Silver Side Up, The Long Road, etc. With Silver Side Up going 6x Platinum from one track and All The Right Reasons having the same success with already six of the singles already on the radio Nickelback have become the most listened to band of all time. The sound of the new CD which was released in a lot of stores mainly Target stores is incredible. It included all of the normal tracks and more. The greatness of the new version of All The Right Reasons is enough to drive you crazy. If you have the original CD like me and you love it why not go and get the awesome newly-mastered (re-recorded with better quality and more features) Special Edition version? // 10

Lyrics: No lie Nickelback have always been something else with lyrics. Let's take Photograph for example obviously you would say 'Look at this photograph, I laugh at it all the time.' and the lyrics are 'Look at this photograph, every time I do it makes me laugh how did her eyes get so red, and what the h*ll is on Joey's head?' More often than not most pictures taken you get red-eye so that goes along with it as well. The lyrics for Savin' Me, Animals, If Everyone Cared, and most of all Rockstar are remarkable and will be stuck in your head for months to come. // 10

Overall Impression: Nickelback have been an extremely incredible band for fourteen years now. The most impressive song by far on the album is Rockstar but my favorite is Far Away and Follow You Home. If it was stolen I'd get it again and make sure I had a copy. I listen to my copy everyday and so will you. Also the only downside to this is that they just released their same CD not much of a difference but still we are all anticipating Nickelback's all new release of their new CD in December 2007! They are still with Roadrunner Records. This CD just buys them some time. // 9

Comments