Curb review by Nickelback

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Nickelback: Curb

This is Nickelback's heaviest and best album. Tons of good old metal/grunge riffs and tunes on here. They lost this feeling when they went mainstream, this CD is very popular with metal fans since it's extremely different from Nickelback's style we know today. It was originally an independant release back in 1996 but it was re-released majorly in 2002 after their smash album Silver Side Up. The riffs are very good, you can obviously tell these boys grew up listening to some good old school metal and grunge.

The lyrics are very original and not like the stuff they come out with today, although the new stuff is great, this style on "Curb" is very far from their stuff today. The lyrics match each and every song great, surely you won't be dissapointed. Chad's singing is the most raw and rough you'll ever hear it on "Curb". It's great, he really belts out those notes with a perfect raw metal/grunge like voice. Simply amazing.

This is album is great. If you are a casual Nickelback listener and are more familiar with the new stuff, this is going to be very different. It's not even the same genre of music as the stuff they release today, you can tell this is straight forward amateur, old style metal. It doesnt't compare with any of their other albums. After they went mainstream their whole genre changed, and I still love them! So if you hate Nickelback (like 99.9% of people on the face of the planet) you might want to pick this album up or listen to it, I think you'll change your mind. This album also goes out to you metal heads thinking that Nickelback is pussy metal. If it was stolen I would most deffinately buy another copy!

kennedys1
    and yeah they do sound alot like pearl jam on this cd, they actually used to do alot of pearl jam covers when they were first starting out
    Teen Spirit
    3 days grace14
    Teen Spirit wrote: CURB is definetely Nickelback's most raw, grungiest album. I can't bear people thinking of them as like pop and stuff, they were one of the greatest grunge bands alongside Nirvana, Pearl Jam and so on. The State and Curb are fantastic albums, love them to death.
    dude couldn't agree more
    sbauer187
    JimBonJovi
    sbauer187 wrote: Nickelbitch wrote: i love this album to death!! my favourites are window shopper, i dont have, little friend, left & fly...Fly has a traditional nickelback sound...awesome. i just couldnt get into Sea Groove though... i actually thought they sounded more like pearl jam in this one Wow i cant think of a username more pathetic than Nickebitch. Where i come from you'd get your ass kicked calling yourself something like that. This band is so generic and bland just like 3 days grace and all that other garbage.
    What could be more lame than a username named after a hockey stick?