Dark Horse review by Nickelback

• Released: Nov 18, 2008
Nickelback: Dark Horse

well after receiving god knows how many texts on how amazing this album was I soon rushed out to buy it. when I got home I shoved on the stereo and blasted it thru the walls to my family and neighbours annoyance. but I was amazed on how much they've evolved. the roaring guitar of something in your mouth to the slow sing-along this afternoon it's just generally an amazing album.

Due to most of the songs being about sex the lyrics were sorta limited to wat they could be, and somewhat predictable, but the slower ballads were the stand out of this album. the lyrics to today if your day was your last day it were just inspiring. and the catchy tune shakin hands is one of the song you cn pick up n sing to. as well as this afternoon which is the one song you wanna sing to when your out with your friends on the piss. despite a few downpoints of certain songs I think the lyrics were above standard and some of the bands best work.

It was a bit of a downfall compared to all the right reasons and the long road, but you can see how much he band has evolved from curb and the state. The amazing inspirational lyrics from if today was your last day to the lil nice acoustic this afternoon where my main 2 highlights of this album. But s.e.x and next go round didn't really do anythin for me. All in all an amazing album from my favourite band, but definately not as good as some of there older work.

con job
    dropdead wrote: People wake up and listen to something not played on the radio for once, Nickleback makes music for hillbilies and average joes. At least this band used o be real for a while back when they made SSU and the State, but Dark Horse is just a money grab. Iron Maiden frontman said it best: Why would you do anything if you aren't going to give it all you've got?
    Who the **** do you think you are? I'm neither an average joe, nor a hillbilly, and I love this album. Just because it's on the radio does not make it any less legitimate as music. I'd bet you're one of those "it's gotta be underground to be" good sort of people, and that kind of attitude makes me sick. You dislike Nickelback, fair enough. Do not tell us fans to "wake up" listen and let listen. With regard to the album, I love it. Lyrics annoy the living hell out of me though, they're way too immature for the most part for my liking. Something In Your Mouth and Next Go Round are great songs musically though I think. Simple yet effective.