Here And Now review by Nickelback

• Released: Nov 21, 2011
Nickelback: Here And Now

Alright so I got this album because I was curious. I hated "Dark Horse". But this album made me a fan once again. The band sounds great. With Chad and Ryan cranking out amazing riffs. I have to say I always took Nickelback as the band that played boring riffs. But I couldn't be more wrong. The riffs sound like they were influenced by great artists. So the first song comes on is this means war and it sounds like a Pantera riff! Finally some Nickelback you could head bang to. And "Gotta Get Me Some" opening riff reminded me at moments of Black Label Society. The bass in this album is powerful and will blow you away. The mix is perfect I just wish they could crank the drums a bit more and turn Chad a bit down.

As always Chad writes lyrics about everything from sex and drugs to relationships. He is a good singer and I for one like his voice. It's a love or hate thing and I think it's responsible for haters. But this album the voice suits the music. There were moments though when I didn't feel his radio friendly "rasp" suited the song. Mainly on the heavier numbers. But there isn't a song where the lyrics don't fit at all there's angry guitar riffs and soft piano bits the lyrics match. I really think Chad is a great lyric artist. His lyrics reach people on this album. His voice on the song "Lullaby" Will make you want to cry. But then on "Bottoms Up" he ups the aggressiveness and it makes you want to head bang along with the guitar. I'm rating it 8 out 10 because at times his voice doesn't fit. But lyrically it's great.

Alright so I go back and forth between hating and loving Nickelback. "Dark Horse" there last album was a sell out album you could tell each song was made to get on the radio. It reminds of the long road. The old Nickelback is back. This album is true music. Full of ballads and hard core numbers. Some of the songs could be your breakup song. But some of them make you want to head bang and go crazy. In all honestly I love every single song on this album. I love the way they do the ballads. They make you want to cry. You can definitely feel the emotion in them. I recommend this album to everyone it has something for everyone unless you're a hardcore jazz musician. My least favourite song would have to be "holding on to heaven" even though it's still great. I took a gamble getting this and it paid off I would buy it again in a heartbeat. You won't be disappointed.

todaym
    Lost Dog
    grohl1987 wrote: I want to know, out of everyone that gave a user rating, how many people actually listened to a single song from this album before giving it a 1.
    suburbansniper
    why are people even bothering to look at this review when they h8 nickelback? personally id say its a great album and my second favourite after all the right reasons. seriously stop coming on here just to post hateful comments cos your just making yourself look like a douche.
    todaym
    Lost Dog wrote: This. I don't like Nickelback, but I think all the haters out there are pathetic. We get it, you don't like them, neither do I, but I don't go to every nickelback page, rate it a 1, and then bash them, and anyone who likes them in the comments.
    an actual OPINION. This is a review on an album, not an excuse to hate a band. If you dont like nickelback, DONT COMMENT!
    shredder3386
    todaym wrote: I Thanatos wrote: Char2000 wrote: Cue the hate from the metal heads. Actually, anybody who has the slightest knowledge of music hates Nickelback. yeah, anyone that knows anything about music knows that modern music is all synthesized crap and that Nickelback plays what they feel like playing so if anyone feels like puting any band down keep your comments to yourself
    Trying to defend Tickelsack is like trying to defend Vanilla Ice... you won't win and you will come off as really stupid