Here And Now review by Nickelback

• Released: Nov 21, 2011
Nickelback: Here And Now

Well first off they sounded like they were trying to be serious with songs like we must stand together, and lullaby. Those were songs to me that made me think. And I don't know about you I like songs that make me think about the meanings. Then there were songs like. "Trying Not To Love You", and "Don't Let It End". People can relate to those songs. I think when they made this they were thinking of not only the way they felt but the way everyone feels at times. One more thing: if there is a week song on the album... I'd have to pick either "Kiss It Goodbye" or "Holding On To Heaven". That's just my personal opinion. It just seems like there's something missing in those songs.

Well my personal favorites on the album are. "Gotta Get Me Some", "Midnight Queen", and "Don't Ever Let It End". "Gotta Get Me Some" just had great riffs and great lyrics to complement it and make it better. And I thought Chad's voice was great, and went perfectly with the music. "Trying Not To Love You" is a song that really made me pay attention to the lyrics along with the vocals and I thought it was great and he perfectly captured the feeling of being in love with some one (based on the lyrics most likely a friend). But all the other songs on the CD was great and had plenty of thought in them.

I don't like to compare people to others because I believe every one is different and even if they sound like some one else they have there own personal style and spin on things. If I had to pick one song that was my favorite I would pick "Don't Ever Let It End". It was a great way to close the album and I pushed replay like a thousand times when I heard that song it's one I can relate to. If there's some one you like or even love that your friends with, it may be hard and scary at the same time but its best to be honest. Hey you never know, they could feel the same way. I love that this album has a little of everything and to me it tells me a few things. Love, I'm gonna rip some ones head off!, party all night, that girl over there is hot, and for me cherish the times you have now. If this CD was lost or stolen I would call the cops, FBI, CIA, S.W.A.T., and call the president. And yes I would definitely buy it again.

headbang123
    Personally i think their first three albums were amazing and deffinetly very passionate and meaningful and no trying to look for a hit. Long Road had it's moments. Side Of A Bullet was the only really impressive song on Follow You Home. I pretty much lost all faith in this band with Dark Horse. But i might just check this one out...
    bradd101
    anshul678 wrote: this message is to the one who posted the review first thing is that you dont know what music is about and i guess you are just a idiot who only listens to metal and that kind of stuff and the second thing the songs which you hated most are the best ones maybe you did't like them because u dont know to play them at all.
    Jesus H. Christ, I love Nickelback, but whiny little idiots like you make me ashamed to admit that. You sound like a 3 year old.
    the chalky one
    lullaby is actually one of my faverite songs on the album. its about people who are going through hard times and those who are even contemplating suicide, to me the song isnt ''rubish'' as you put it as much as.''dont give up when things get tough.'' type of song. great reveiw though dude!