Live At Home [DVD] Review

artist: Nickelback date: 12/25/2008 category: compact discs
Nickelback: Live At Home [DVD]
Released: 2002
Live at Home is a live concert DVD released in 2002 filmed in Nickelback's home province of Alberta, Canada during the tour supporting their album Silver Side Up.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8
 7.4
 5.7
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Live At Home [DVD] Reviewed by: taytay8b, on december 25, 2008

Sound: On this DVD, they sound very good and tight. They aren't playing sloppy, and we see some grade A stuff from front man Chad Kroeger, who dishes out an extended guitar solo on "Where Do I Hide" and other stadium-rock oriented tunes. Kroeger's growl is also very present on this DVD, which makes the band seem more grungy than anything. This also shows how his voice has matured a great deal over the years. All of this is nicely complimented by Ryan Peake's vocal harmonies and guitars, Mike Kroegers thundering bass and Ryan Vikedal's spot-on drumming. Overall, the band aren't as energetic as demonstrated on this DVD, but they have matured as a band a great deal and musically are much better now. Funnily enough though, Kroeger says during the show "I bet my future wife is in the crowd tonight", and ironically he's now in a relationship with someone who was in fact at that show. // 8

Overall Impression: This is probably one of the best live DVD's I own. I highly recommend it. It sounds good, and looks good, and has plenty of bonus material. Unfortunately, it is not in widescreen, this could be annoying for people with HD televisions. But is makes up with it's nice mix of 5.1 Dolby Digital and 2.1 Dolby Stereo. There are also english subtitles available, which seem to be pretty good. If it were stolen or lost, I'd deffinately go out and buy another. I'm anxious to watch Nickelback's "Live at Sturgis 2006" DVD, which came out early this month. // 10

Comments