Silver Side Up review by Nickelback

• Released: Sep 11, 2001
Nickelback: Silver Side Up

This is my first Nickelback album and I was impressed. I first read of nickelback from the guiness world records 2004, where their single "too bad" stayed on the billboard 1st for 20 weeks, then after listening some of their songs and the recommendation of a friend, I went to the store to pick this up and I was satisfied. Nickelback has all the traditions and skills of a heavy rock band, but they add something new to their songs that I can't defy, the music is filled with excellent riffs that'll be stuck in your head for a long time, along with brilliant solos that'll have you wanting to hear more. Really recommended.

Chad Kroeger reminds me of Kurt Cobain, they're both good guitarists and they have the low grunge voice. But the other special thing is the lyrics, the stuff here isn't just anger and grunge like any other heavy rock/emo band. The songs have a personality and self-reflection inside them, makes you think of what chad wants to think. Good stuff.

This album is doubtlessly a great album, the sound and lyrics will leave you wanting more, hard to really compare because it sounds so unique, but this is definitely a great rock album for me, the DVD that came with it showcases them at concert and many more behind-the-scenes parts that will give viewers a good insight to the band's personnel life, plus the bonus videos, interviews, documentries will give you what you'll expect from a trully great hard rock band Nickelback.

kamjam7
    Silver Side Up is a big letdown after buying All the Right Reasons and then Long Road. I got busted for playing this aloud. Bought it online and when I got it, popped it into the DVD player, and my dad shut it off as soon as he heard 'effin'.