Silver Side Up review by Nickelback

• Released: Sep 11, 2001
Nickelback: Silver Side Up

2001's Silver Side Up is such a great follow up to The State. Even though their sound was good in The State, it only got better on Silver. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that Chad and Ryan are using Mesa amps to get that Nickelback sound. Their post-grunge sound is perfect for the time Silver was released.

Chad's lyrics on this album absolutely blow away their future albums like All the Right Reasons and Dark Horse. I'm pretty sure no song on here has a reference to sex like their later work. Throughout the whole album you can clearly tell that Chad is just filled with anger and hate. Songs like Never Again, Too Bad, and Just For show Chad's attitude and it fit's their grungy sound perfect. Chad's singing skills (in my opinion) are better on this album. He seems to have changed his style on newer albums (he sings higher in my opinion). His voice on this album is much deeper and edgier which is what I like.

I kno this isn't the best review of an album, but I just put this together really fast because I'm in school writing this. LOL But Overall this album is a def. 10/10. Compared to their other albums, this one is DA S***! Absolutly love it! It has great songs and great attitude. It's obvious that more people will like the singles from it like Never Again, How You Remind Me, and Too Bad. But there are lots of others that are very good like Just For, Hollywood, and Good Times Gone. I love the lyrical content on this album. Songs range from spousal abuse to rough childhoods. I would definatly buy this again if I lost it or it was stolen

ßorn_dead
    I don't understand this kind of hate for this group. Had they put out "Never Again" as their very first single, history would be different. Nickelback would be regarded as what they are; a good rock band.
    exloser
    nickelback is fueled by the same girls that get giddy over twilight and hannah montana. nickelback is hannah montana in little bitch form.