The Long Road review by Nickelback

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Nickelback: The Long Road

Nickelback has always sorta been a neutral band to me. I don't mind their music, but I'm not a big fan or anything. That was until I saw them in concert and got this CD. Chad is a really good guitarist and ryan backs him up fairly well. Mike's bass, well it was alright but not the best. Drumming also was a little weak, but it wasn't bad. Overall a good rock sound.

Chad's singing and lyrics are definetly what make this album stand out. He can write about actual experiences, and about fictional stuff too. His singing is also really good and that surprised me because it's rare to have a good singer who also plays guitar. Ryan's backing vocals also are very good. I think that in future albums him and Chad may split the lead singing like Daron and Serj of SOAD. A good album singing wise.

Overall I was happy I got this CD. they can rock out in the CD and slow it down really quickly, but it still sounds good. Best songs are "Someday," "Flat On The Floor," "Because Of You," "Figured You Out." I also was lucky enough to get the version with the 3 bonus tracks "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)," "Yanking Out My..." and "Learn The Hard Way," which are also favorites. I'd buy this if someone stole it, then beat the shit outta whoever stole it.