The State review by Nickelback

• Released: Mar 7, 2000
Nickelback: The State

This is the albums only downfall and it isn't really the whole music itself it's just really the guitar work. The guitar work doesn't sound very good at all in most songs. However this is made up for by Chad Kroegers voice which is at its best on this album.

The lyrics as always with Nickelback are great and give life to the album. They also help to over shadow the questionable guitar work. I believe Chad Kroeger has one of the best voices going around at the moment and has a real gift for coming up with great lyrics.

This isn't Nickelbacks best CD but it is definitely a close second. As I said before I didn't enjoy the guitar work on the album much but that didn't dampen my opinion on the whole album. It's a great CD with great lyrics are for the most part music. My favorite tracks on the album are; "Old Enough", "Leader Of Men" and "Worthy To Say". If this album were lost or stolen I would buy it again because it is a good CD. I recommend anyone considering buying this to do so, I don't think you will be disappointed.

con job
    I can't get inot this at all.....Leader of Men is a great song I love it but I can't stand the sound of most of the songs
    Tag43
    I'll say this. The State was Nickelback's debut in the states. It's a very good debut, in fact, this my favorite album by Nickelback. The guitar tones are actually really good, some creative solos are in here, and the lyrics along with Chad's voice are perfect.
    Mainer
    JimBonJovi
    Mainer wrote: I like the CD, but they lyrics were the downfall for me. Almost every song is about drugs. Using drugs, stealing drugs, wanting to quit...
    So I guess the whole 90's grunge scene was a downfall for you?