Samurai Shot Review

Nicotine: Samurai Shot
Released: 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop
Fans of Nofx and Bad Religion will find much to love here, and although Nicotine's lyrics are sometimes unintentionally hilarious.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Samurai Shot Reviewed by: Kwokinator, on may 23, 2005

Sound: The imagine NoFX with a Japanese accent. These guys are that. They come from China, Japan and they've been around for more than a decade. The guitar, bass and drums are awesome, but the one thing that is kind of out of place is their vocals. They have a heavy Japanese accent, but nothing is lost in translation. They're punk, they're pop, they also have a bit of ska. The best song on this greatest hits album are probably Black Flys, Jimmy is my punk ass brother and killer shark sttack. After you listen to this CD would want to ask for more. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are pop-punk. They sings about super heros, sharks, moms, being chased by the cops and how punk an older brother can be. Like I mentioned they have a heavy accent. But you'll get used to after a few songs. Even though the vocals arent too good, everything still manages to fall together and make good music. // 10

Overall Impression: The album will be hard to find because they are from japan. I went to many HMV's and I couldn't find them until one random HMV had it and I bought it right away. It were stolen I would definately try to find another copy and buy it. This is the punk album any one can enjoy and because it's their greatest hits, only the best are on this album. However I would argue that they have a few other good songs that should of been on this album. Get off your computer right now and start looking for Nicotine. // 10

Comments