A New Disease Is Born review by Nightrage

• Released: Apr 17, 2007
Nightrage: A New Disease Is Born

When I first heard these guys I was blown away. The killer solos and all around guitar playing is incredible, not to mention the drums. Anyways this band has come out with another solid album (in addition to "Sweet Vengence" and "Descent Into Chaos", I also recomend these albums as well) the band constantly comes up with new ways to blow your mind. No two songs really sound the same. All in all I have to say, damn those Swedish people really know how to kick ass!

The lyrics in this album are intense to say the least. Most of the lyrics aren't your normal metal lyrics. In the song "Reconcile" one of the lines goes "I am sucking your marrow out. Sucking you dry. Walking so empty entered this chasm of mine In this world for you. I am sucking your marrow out. Sucking you dry. Walking so empty like a casket without a corpse I have been re-inventing this world for you." Now that's intense. Some of the other lyrics in the CD aren't as out there but they're still great. As for the singing (screaming) the lead singer just belts out an ear piercing scream (not that it's a bad thing) and then pulls back to let loose some amazing melodic singing as well. so as the overplayed borat would say, "very nice."

You could try and compare this to other albums but I doubt you'd be able to find one that can hold its own (same sounding one's that is). As for the best songs on the album, you have to listen to "Spiral" and "Death-Like Silence". I love just about everything about this album except for the fact that although the vocalist, as good as he is, will get kinda annoing after a while, but hey you gotta take the bad with the good, and rool with the punches. This is apparently the walking cliche'.